CDEP awards dual-degree scholarships to talented students.
Apply for CDEP scholarships here.
To be considered for a competitive-based CDEP scholarship, students must meet the criteria below:
- complete a college-preparatory high school curriculum
- have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above
- have a combined math and critical thinking SAT score of 1170 (minimum 570 math) or a composite score of 26 on the ACT or above
These scholarships cover tuition, fees, room and board, and a supplemental book stipend. They cover the costs of matriculation at Fort Valley State University, Georgia Tech, the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Penn State University, the University of Texas-Austin, and the University of Arkansas.
Scholarships for Georgia students are coordinated with the HOPE Scholarship in that the tuition is paid by HOPE. Tuition for non-Georgia students is paid directly by CDEP.
SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS (Competitive)
- 3.5 GPA or above
- Official high school transcript (1st semester grades from 12th grade must be included on transcript)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Combined math and critical reading Old SAT score of 1100 (minimum 550 math) or an equivalent composite score of 26 on the ACT; NOTE: New SAT combined score is 1170 (minimum 570 math)
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – www.fafsa.ed.gov
Note: FVSU’s Federal School Code, 001566, should be listed in section 8
- Complete the Fort Valley State University Application for Admission
- Georgia students must also complete the HOPE Application
- Paid scholarship
- Book stipend
- Pre-college Mathematics, Science, and Engineering Academies (9th—12th Grade)
- Full Summer internships with oil companies, government agencies, and partner universities