Cashier's Office

Student Financial Services

ATTENTION: **** Revised Tuition and Fee Schedules are below. ****

Table of Contents


The primary mission of the Student Financial Services Office is to support the University’s educational goals through the accurate assessment of student tuition and fees; collection and receipting of University funds; timely disbursement of student refunds; and, to provide an appropriate service support system for the staff and faculty.

The Student Financial Services Office within the Business and Finance Department provides a variety of services to the University’s students, faculty and staff. The unit is comprised of Cashiering, Student Accounts, and Perkins Loans sections.

The Cashier's Office records all monies received by University for payment towards student, retiree, and departmental accounts. We also initiate the processing of student refu
nds after all charges have been paid. Our office currently accepts VISA, Mastercard, cash, and checks. Tuition payments can also be submitted online using the Student Account Suite.

Back to menu

Please note that we do not accept payments over the phone.

Location & Contact Information

Cashier’s Office
2nd Floor Troup Administration Building
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030

Phone: 478.825.6522
Fax: 478.825.6929
Cashier’s Office: 478.825.6433

Back to menu

Business Hours

Regular operating hours are 8:15 am to 4:45 pm Monday through Friday. Effective July 1, 2013, regular operating hours will be 8:15 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. The Cashier’s office will close at 2:00 pm on the last calendar day of each month, or on the preceding Friday if the last calendar day is on the weekend.

Back to menu


Staff Title Email
John Cagnina Director of Student Financial Services
Tomeka Y. Tripp Assistant Director
Khaleelah Muhammad Student Accounts Manager
Rosina Ezell Perkins Loans Officer
Clementine Ages Accounting Professional, Cashier’s Office
Kesha Miller Cashier

Back to menu

Tuition & Fee Rates

Please view the following PDF files for the Academic Year Tuition and Fee Schedules. For additional information about the University System of Georgia tuition rates, please visit: USG Tuition and Financial Aid

Back to menu

Online Course Fees

Fully on-line courses are charged at a rate of $189.00 per credit hour for undergraduate students and $219.00 per credit hour for graduate students. Courses that are offered through Georgia ONmyLINE ( are charged at a rate of $189.00 per credit hour. Students enrolled in all on-line courses are required to pay the Student Center/Multi-Use Fee and the Institutional Fee.

Back to menu

Fee Waiver Applications

Description File Format
Mandatory Fee Waiver - Military
Senior Citizen Waiver TBA

Back to menu

Other Fees

* Parking Decal (per semester for students) - $25.00
* Lab Fee - $50.00
* Lost Student ID Card - $25.00
* Replacement Higher One Card - $20.00
* Return Check Fee - $30
* Post Office Box Rental (semester) - $22.00
* Orientation Fee - $100.00
* Graduation Application Fee
* Undergraduate - $50.00
* Graduate - $60.00

Back to menu

Book Purchases

Students can use financial aid to purchase books in the campus bookstore before refunds are released each semester. A bookstore voucher can be completed in the Cashier’s Office and submitted for processing on the following dates:

Semester Purchase Dates via Bookstore Voucher
Fall 2012 August 8th – September 14th, October 5th – 12th (Mini-Mester II)
Spring 2013 January 3rd – January 18th
Summer 2013 May 20th – June 7th
Fall 2013 August 7th – August 23rd

Back to menu

Payment Options

Select image to view presentation:

A Guide to Payments and Refund Options

Payment Options Instructions
To Pay With Cash Visit the Cashier’s Office (Troup 230) with your FVSU Student ID card. If you do not have an FVSU ID, you may present a state ID, military ID or passport.
Remember, payments for tuition and fees are always due before the first day of class.
To Pay Via Charge Card or Check Visit the Student Account Suite website. Use your student ID number and current Banner Web pin to log in. You can also establish access for authorized users to complete payments on your student account.
Student Account Suite
To Use a Payment Plan To enroll in a payment plan, log in to your Banner Web account and select “Student Services, “Student Account”, and then “eCashier” Flexible Payment Plan. Please note that this option is available only until the published deadlines. Also, if you are receiving any financial aid, only those amounts that are listed in the Authorized Financial Aid section of the Account Detail for Term screen will be taken into consideration when completing an agreement for the Flexible Payment Plan. Click to download Payment Plan Brochure: Payment Plan Brochure.
To Pay Using Financial Aid Log in to your Banner Web account and go to the Account Detail for Term screen. If the total amount of Authorized Financial Aid is greater than the total charges on your account, the fee acceptance/payment process will be completed automatically. If all of the financial aid does not appear on your account before the first day of class, or the balance owed is not paid before the first day of class, a late fee may be assessed to your account.

Back to menu

Student Accounts

Your student account is comprised of charges for tuition, fees, housing, meals and any payments applied to your account. Deposits, bookstore charges, insurance and fines may also affect the amount due on your account. Please review your student account often via BannerWeb so that you are aware of all charges, payments and/or adjustments to your account.

Proceed to: BannerWeb

Back to menu

* Third Party Billing

A student whose tuition or a portion of the tuition and fees are paid by a third party must make sure that the Student Accounts Office receives a letter or voucher from the agency prior to registration. The letter or voucher must have all necessary signatures. It must list the student’s name, social security or the FVSU student ID number, the total amount the agency is agreeing to pay, and the time period during which the agency will sponsor the student. The letter or voucher should also indicate if the agency takes into consideration other aid applied to the student’s account. The name, billing address and telephone number of the contact person at the agency responsible for payment should also be listed.
An invoice will be mailed to the agency approximately four to eight weeks after the first day of class. If the agency fails to pay the invoice, the student will be responsible for the total amount due on the student’s account.

Back to menu

* Payments

Tuition and fees are due before the first day of class. Payments may be made by cash, check, credit or debit card and online checks/ACHs. Checks must be made payable to Fort Valley State University and drawn on a financial institution located in the United States. The university does not accept counter checks and reserves the right to determine the acceptability of all checks. There is a $25 return check fee for any check returned due to insufficient funds as well as any online check/ACH that is returned. All payments are receipted in the Cashier’s Office.

Back to menu

* Account Receivables Holds

An AR hold is placed on your account if you have an amount due to the university. The hold will prevent you from receiving services including receiving grades, registering for another semester, ordering a transcript and graduation.

Khaleelah Muhammad
Fort Valley State University
Student Accounts Manager
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030
Phone: 478.827.3035
Fax: 478.825.6096

Back to menu

Perkins Loan

Perkins Loan is a federal loan that is a need-based loan awarded to students who have exhausted all other means of financial aid. Repayment begins 9 months after graduation, upon withdrawal from the university, or when a student is no longer enrolled at least half-time. Interest accrues at 5% annual during repayment. The minimum monthly payment for a Perkins Loan is $40.00. Late fees are assessed on past due payments. Your loan balance and repayment history are reported monthly to National Credit Bureaus in accordance with federal regulations.

After a student is awarded a Perkins Loan, a master promissory note must be completed. To execute a Perkins master promissory note, go to []( A properly executed promissory note is required before the loan is disbursed. You will need your FAFSA pin number to complete your promissory note. If you have misplaced your FAFSA pin number, you can request it be re-sent to you via email or displayed in the view now option at

Upon graduation, withdrawal from the university, or when a student drops below half-time status, students are required to complete an exit interview. To complete an exit interview, go to You will need your FAFSA pin number to complete your exit interview. If you do not complete the exit interview, your university records will be flagged which would prevent you from receiving services from the university.

Repayment can be deferred if you are enrolled at least half-time at an eligible institution and for performance of certain services. To receive information regarding different types of deferments and cancellations, visit To make payments, monitor loans, or update profile, visit

If you need further assistance concerning your Perkins Loan, please call (478) 825-6302 or email

Quick Links

  • Deferment/Cancellation Forms
  • Complete Master Promissory Note
  • Request FAFSA Pin Number
  • Complete Exit Interview/Make Payment

  • Back to menu

    Refund Policy

    Regulations of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia provide for tuition and mandatory fee refunds when formal withdrawal from the institution is approved within a designated period following registration.

    The refund percentage that a student receives is a calculation of the time remaining in the semester up through 60% of the semester. Once 60% of the semester has expired, there is no refund for a withdrawal from the institution. The refund calculation is based on days enrolled in the semester divided by the number of calendar days in the semester including weekends and holidays, but excluding breaks of five(5) or more consecutive days.

    A refund of all semester tuition and other mandatory fees is made in the event of death of a student any time during an academic semester. (BR Minutes, 1979-80, p. 61; 1986-87. pp. 24-25; 1995, 6. 246).

    Refunds are not made for a reduction in class load after the first day of classes.

    Back to menu

    * Higher One Account

    New students who complete course registration will have a Higher One debit card sent to the mailing address on file. This MasterCard branded debit card is needed to activate a student’s refund option. Funds can either be deposited into the OneAccount, or sent to an existing checking or savings account.

    Refunds are disbursed on a bi-weekly basis after the first refund disbursement in a semester. To make cash withdrawals without incurring any ATM fees, use the Higher One ATM located inside the Student Amenities Building. Remember that the Higher One Card will only contain monies that have been deposited into the account. It is not a credit card. For more information about the One Account/Higher One program, visit the Higher One Account website.

    Back to menu

    * Release of Refunds

    Please review either the Refund Status page in BannerWeb, or the Announcements section of the Student Account Payment Site for refund disbursement dates.

    To receive a refund for the current semester, the following requirements must be satisfied:

    1. You must be enrolled in classes for this semester.
    2. All tuition, fees and any fines must be paid on your account.
    3. A credit balance must remain after all tuition, fees and fines have been paid.
    4. If receiving any Title IV funds (Unsubsidized and Subsidized loans, Parent Plus Loan, Perkins Loan, Pell Grant, SEOG, the “Credit Balance Authorization” on the Student Authorizations page in BannerWeb can not be set as “Authorized.”

    Back to menu

    * Return to Title IV Policy


    Federal regulations require that when you officially withdraw from the university or stop attending your classes that the amount of Federal Title IV Financial Aid assistance that you have "earned" up to that point must be calculated using a pro-rata formula. If you received more Financial Aid than you earned, the excess funds will be returned on your behalf by the University to the program in which you received aid. In most instances this will leave you owing the University.

    If you change your enrollment status within the first 14 days of classes, your financial aid will be adjusted accordingly and you may possibly owe the University.

    If you have completed more than sixty percent (60%) of a period of enrollment (i.e. fall term, spring term) you have earned all of your Financial Aid and your account will not be adjusted. Anything less than earning 60% of your aid will require an adjustment and billing.

    Upon receipt of the official withdrawal notification from the Registrar's Office, the Student Financial Services will perform the return calculation. You will be notified by mail. If there is any outstanding balance with the University you are responsible for making payment arrangements with the Student Financial Services Office.

    What can happen if I withdraw from all my classes or
    stop attending classes and get all "F" grades?

    Students who withdraw from all classes prior to completing more than 60% of an enrollment term will have their aid recalculated based on the percent of the term they completed. For example, a student who withdraws completing only 30% of the term will have "earned" only 30% of any Title IV aid received. The remaining 70% must be returned. The Financial Aid Office encourages you to read this policy carefully. If you are thinking about withdrawing from all classes PRIOR to completing 60% of the semester, please CONTACT Student Financial Services to see how your withdrawal will affect your financial aid and your possible repayment.

    "Title IV Funds" refers to the federal financial aid programs authorized under the Higher Education Act of 1965 (as amended) and includes: Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Parent Loans to Undergraduate Students (PLUS), Federal Pell Grants, Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH) and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG).

    A student's withdrawal date is:

    • the date the student began the institution's withdrawal process (as described in Fort Valley State University's Class Schedule) or officially notified the institution of intent to withdraw; or
    • the midpoint or later date of the period for a student who stops attending all classes without notifying the institution; or
    • the student's last date of attendance at a documented academically-related activity.
    • Exception: For veterans receiving veteran's benefits the withdrawal date is the last date of attendance or date of the last documented academically-related activity.

    Notification of withdrawal should be in writing and addressed to the University Registrar Office.

    The percentage of Title IV aid unearned to be returned to the appropriate program shall be 100% minus the percent earned. No program can receive a refund if the student did not receive aid from that program. Unearned aid shall be returned first by Fort Valley State University from the student's account to the appropriate programs in the following order:

    1. Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
    2. Subsidized Stafford Loan
    3. Parent Loans to Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
    4. Federal Pell Grant
    5. Federal SEOG

    The Student Financial Services Office will notify the student of the amount of repayment within 30 days of determining the student's withdrawal. The student has 30 calendar days after notification to make a repayment in full or make satisfactory repayment arrangements with Fort Valley State University’ Business Office.



    • If she totally withdraws September 8 - she has completed 17 days; 15% of the term was earned. Fort Valley State University would have to return $1,211 to Federal Pell; Andrea would have to repay $0 to the U.S. Department of Education.
    • If she totally withdraws October 8 - she has completed 47 days; 42% of the term was earned. Fort Valley State University would have to refund $827 to Federal Pell; Andrea would have to the return $0 to U.S. Department of Education.
    • If she totally withdraws on October 27 - she has completed 66 days; 59% of the term was earned. FVSU would have to return $584 to Federal Pell; Andrea would have to repay $0 to U.S. Department of Education.
    • If she totally withdraws on October 31 - she has completed 70 days; 62% of the term was earned; no refunds or repayments are due.
    • If Andrea decides she needs a Stafford Loan for $1,750 in addition to the grants listed above and withdraws on October 10, she has completed 49 days; 44% of the term was earned. FVSU would have to return $798 to the lender Andrea would have to repay$0 to the U.S. Department of Education.

    Back to menu

    Unofficial Withdrawals

    Students who subsequently discontinue their enrollment without officially withdrawing from the University will be considered to be unofficially withdrawn. This will be determined by the Registrar’s Office at the end of the semester by the reviewing of all “F” grades. For any students who have been determined to have unofficially withdrawn, refunds for Title IV aid will be considered to have occurred at the 50% point in accordance with federal regulations.

    The 50% point will be used if the last date of attendance cannot be determined by the Registrar’s Office. Furthermore, if it is determined by the Registrar that the student has earned all “F” grades, then a calculation for return of Title IV funds will not be performed.

    Back to menu

    1098T Tax Statements

    Each January, a copy of the 1098T Tuition Statement will be sent to the mailing address on file for all eligible students. If you do not receive your statement by January 31, a copy can be printed from your Banner Web account.

    Following are the instructions on how to access your 1098-T Tax Statement using your Banner Web account:

    1. Log into your Banner Web account: Banner Web
    2. Select “Student Services and Financial Aid.”
    3. Select “Student Records.”
    4. Select “Tax Notification.”
    5. Select the desired tax year and click the submit button.

    If the allowable charges for the selected calendar year are greater than your total scholarships and grants for the selected calendar year, the 1098-T Statement will appear on the screen. A detailed description of the charges and payments will appear below the form.

    If the allowable charges for the selected calendar year are less than your total scholarships and grants for the selected calendar year, only a detailed description of the charges and payments will appear. An actual statement will not have been printed since no tax deduction can be claimed using the data allowed for the University to submit to the IRS.

    If you have any questions, please call the Cashier’s Office at 478-825-6433 or email

    **Please note that the Cashier’s Office does not print copies of the 1098-T Tax Statement. You can either print them from Banner Web or contact ECSI at 1-866-428-1098.**

    Back to menu

    Institutional Deposits

    All institutional deposits brought to the Cashier/Bursar’s Office must have supporting documentation. Each office should submit all deposits daily by 4:00 p.m. A cash transmittal can be used to list individual checks and a receipt will be issued for the total being submitted.

    Cash Transmittal Form

    Back to menu

    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


    Back to menu

    1005 State University Drive • Fort Valley, GA 31030 • 478-827-FVSU

    Map   •   Accreditation • EEO/AA • Title IX   •   Ethics Hotline   •   Privacy Statement   •   OIRPE   •   Partnerships   •   Global Initiatives

    FVSU Facebook FVSU Blog FVSU TwitterFVSU YoutubeCampus Radio FVSU WebMail FVSU Athletics FVSU Photo Gallery FVSU Academic Calendar FVSU ADP