Vacancy number: 1033
Reporting to the Budget Director, this is a professional position requiring high level accounting operations of the Head Start Programs as well as significant judgment and assistance in the administration and planning of the University’s operating and capital budgets. This position requires strong communications, analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Verifies accuracy and validity of posting and accounting transactions of the Head Start Programs; prepares journal entries to correct accounting errors.
• Reviews Head Start Program expenditures and other submissions for compliance with University, Board of Regents, State, Federal and other policies and procedures as applicable.
• Reconciles Head Start Programs accounts on a timely basis.
• Prepares and submits reports to Head Start Program managers and other internal and external parties as required.
• Performs regular analysis of Head Start Program budget and actual expenditures and other programs as assigned.
• Forecasts budgetary requirements and implements management actions to maintain a balanced budget for the University.
• Maintains the PeopleSoft budget checking function for the University and make adjustments/amendments as required.
• Inputs approved grant funds and grant amendments for the University into the PeopleSoft system as necessary.
• Assists in preparation of budgets and budget amendments for the University.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field
• Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting or finance
• Advanced knowledge of higher education accounting and Board of Regents budget processes
• Governmental and /or grants accounting experience
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Master’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field
• Experience in PeopleSoft or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
• Travel (although minimal) may be required for trainings
• May require working beyond normal working hours as business needs dictate
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift 10 lbs
• Normal hand dexterity
How to apply
Interested persons should submit a complete application packet which includes:
-FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
-Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
-Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
-List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.