Vacancy Number: 1008
Job Summary: The Accounting Clerk will contribute to the integrity, maintenance and management of the Foundation through maintaining the Foundation’s financial records in QuickBooks and/or Financial Edge.
- Manages all Foundation accounts, investments, and entities
- Performs monthly reconciliations of all Foundation accounts, investments, and entities
- Performs queries and exports/imports in the database
- Merges data into spreadsheet or word processing documents
- Enters information and records via alpha and numeric data entry
- Reviews, proofreads and analyzes data for accuracy, logic and relevance
- Maintains information in a variety of formats including network files and digital images
- Communicates effectively
- Performs other duties and assists with additional projects as requested
- Protects confidential information
- Maintains all departmental, scholarships, organizational and other foundation accounts in Financial Edge and or QuickBooks
- Prepares Foundation Budget
- Prepares reports for account holders as requested
- Prepares Financial Reports for the FVSU Foundation Finance Committee
- Assists with the yearly audit
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
- Two years of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and mathematics
- Excellent communication skills to include verbal and written proficiency
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Strong math and language skills to include spelling
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of the office management and of modern office procedures, systems, and equipment.
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on database management, accounting principles and relevant financial software (Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge).
- Ability to understand complex concepts
- Capacity to process a large and diverse volume of data with a high level of accuracy
- Aptitude for understanding how information and business rules are structured
- Customer service oriented and effective interpersonal
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2016.