Institutional Compliance Program
The university’s Institutional Compliance Program ensures that FVSU properly administers National Science Foundation grants in accordance with the organization’s relevant policies and regulations.
The program was initiated under the University System of Georgia Compliance Charter approved by the Georgia Board of Regents on November 19, 2009. Afterward, FVSU signed a NSF Compliance Agreement, approved January 8, 2010, the NSF Institutional Compliance Program mandated the establishment of a NSF Compliance Office on campus, and the selection of a compliance officer.
Denise Eady was selected as the compliance officer to oversee the new NSF compliance office, which will be administered by FVSU’s Office of Sponsored Programs. She will report directly to President Ivelaw Lloyd Griffith, and will ensure the implementation of the compliance agreement.
To contact Denise W. Eady, call (478) 825-6333. Click here for more information on the FVSU ICP.
EEO/AA/Title IX Duties
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action functions and responsibilities assigned to Denise Eady, special assistant to the president for compliance. Title IX duties are assigned to Denise Eady, Tricia Addison and LuWanna Williams.
Fort Valley State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Fort Valley State University.
- Ed.S. - School Counseling Education (Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) and National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- M.S. - Rehabilitation Counseling and Case Management (The Council on Rehabilitation Education)
- M.S.Ed. - Middle Grades Education (GaPSC/NCATE)
- M.S.Ed. - Early Childhood/Special Education (GaPSC/NCATE)
- M.Ed. - School Counselor Education (NCATE/Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs)
- B.S. - Electronics Engineering Technology (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology)
- B.S. - Veterinary Technology (American Veterinary Medical Association)
- B.S. - Middle Grades Education (GaPSC/NCATE)
- B.S. - Early Childhood/Special Education (GaPSC/NCATE)
- B.S. - Health & Physical Education (GaPSC/NCATE)
- B.S. - Agricultural Teacher Education (GaPSC/NCATE)
- B.S. - Family Consumer Sciences Education (GaPSC/NCATE)
Programs Working Towards Accreditation:
- Business Administration & Economics (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs Candidacy)
- B.A. - Economics
- B.B.A. - Accounting
- B.B.A. - Management
- B.B.A. - Marketing
- B.S. - Chemistry (American Chemical Society)
- B.A. - Commercial Design (National Association of Schools of Art and Design)
- B.A. - Mass Communication (Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication)
- B.S. - Computer Science (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology)
- M.S. - Mental Health Counseling
- M.P.H. - Environmental Health
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or marital or veteran status.