Veterans and their dependents are welcome at Fort Valley State University! We are ready to assist you. Your first step is to make sure you are certified. For a first time student, the certification process takes 6 to 8 weeks. If you attended other institutions and used your VA benefits, you must provide transcripts from all schools attended. Make sure to maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average.
What documents will you have to submit? This depends on which of the following Chapters of the VA policy applies to you:
- Chapter 30 - Member of the Selected Reserve
- Chapter 35 – Survivor or dependent
- Chapter 1606 - The Montgomery GI Bill selected reserve
- Chapter 1607 - Reserve Education Assistance Program
- Chapter 31 - The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Vet Success Program
- Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 GI BILL education benefit program
Read further to find out what chapter applies to you and what you must submit. Please contact the Veterans Affairs Certifying Official by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fort Valley State University, Myers Hall - Suite 212, Fort Valley, Georgia 31030.
Welcome to FVSU!