Planning is underway for the 2013 Annual Retreat, which will be held June 5-7, 2013. Over the next six weeks faculty and staff participated in a series of discussions called, The FVSU OPEN. Discussions provided a forum to ponder challenges, explore opportunities and propose strategies to ensure the longevity of FVSU. The purpose of the series was to develop two major documents: the university’s core values and the 2013-18 Strategic Plan. During the retreat, participants will focus on the reveiw of the university’s core values, the approval of the 5-Year Strategic Plan, and a process to benchmark and identify indicators of success to evidence movement toward meeting FVSU’s strategic objectives.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Danielle Gray-Singh, at (478) 825-6330.
- 2013 University Retreat Agenda
- FVSU Mission
- Stategic Plan 2008-2013
- Annual Retreat Minutes (April 15, 2013)
- Core Values PowerPoint
Meetings took place on Thursdays at 11 a.m., in the Miller Building Lecture Hall.
Discussion Week 1 (April 22-26) – Ed Boston, Donta Truss
- Video: Skype Conversation, Google+ Hangout, Webinar
- Core Values: Who are we? What guiding principles inform/govern our interactions? (E-file of NotePad pages)
- Historical account of efforts to define Core Values
- Presentation of notes of Faculty Staff Senate discussion on Core Values
- Development of Survey to develop stated Core Values
Deliverable: Identification of 4 – 5 values
Discussion Week 2 (April 29 – May 3)
Strategic Enrollment Management – VP Willie Williams, James Burrell and Johnny Nimes
- Presentation of the Strategic Enrollment Management Plan Draft
- Focus on Customer Service
- Three-pronged Strategy
- Recruitment (use of faculty and staff teams for recruitment)
Discussion Week 3 (May 6 – May 10)
- 5-Year Strategic Plan – Formulate the next 5-Year Strategic Plan
- Task each department/unit with the development of its strategic plan.
Discussion Week 4 (May 13 – May 17)
- Post all strategic plans for comment
- Presentation of Strategic Plan
- Post Core Values for Comment, Revision, and Approval by FVSU Family
Discussion Week 5 (May 20 – 24) – CANCELLED
- Posting of First Draft of FVSU 5-Year Strategic Plan for Comment
Discussion Week 6 (May 27 – 31)
- Formulation of 3/5 Presentation for Units- Post for Comment
- Final Agenda for 2013 Annual Retreat