Vacancy number: 1027
Fort Valley State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer – Strength and Conditioning Coach. This position is a 12-month full time exempt appointment, responsible for providing care to intercollegiate student-athletes for NCAA Division II, SIAC sports.
- Is directly responsible to the Athletic Trainer and is subject to the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and University physician.
- Assists the Athletic Trainer in the treatment as ordered by the University physician.
- Preventing, evaluating, treating and the rehabilitation of athletic
injuries; Injury tracking and monitoring
- Refers the student-athlete to the University physician for medical attention in the event of a major injury or illness.
- Assists the Athletic Trainer in determining if a student-athlete is physically able to compete.
- Keeps records of all athletes’ injuries and is responsible for completing insurance forms for athletic injuries.
- Submits annual report of claims, injuries and rehabilitation, and recommendations of training regiments.
- Participate and manage practice and game coverage.
- Coordinate a strength and conditioning program for all athletic teams in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a CAATE accredited program required, masters preferred.
- NATABOC Certification is required as well as a certification from either the National Strength and Conditioning Association (CSCS) or the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (SCCC or MSCC).
- CPR/AED certification required, CPR/AED Instructor Certification preferred.
- Must also possess or be eligible for a Georgia Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record.
- Must demonstrate strong oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively build and maintain relationships.
- Must have knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of athletic training.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons should submit a complete application packet which includes:
FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.