Bursar’s Office

The primary mission of the Bursar’s Office is to support the University’s educational goals through the accurate assessment of student tuition and fees; collection and receipting of University funds; timely disbursement of student refunds; and, to provide an appropriate service support system for the staff and faculty.

The Bursar’s Office within the Business and Finance Department provides a variety of services to the University’s students, faculty and staff. The unit is comprised of Cashiering, Student Accounts, and Perkins Loans sections.

The Cashier’s Office records all monies received by University for payment towards student and departmental accounts. We also initiate the processing of student refunds after all charges have been paid. Our office currently accepts VISA, Mastercard, cash, and checks. Tuition payments can also be submitted online using the Student Account Suite.

FVSU Marketplacehttps://secure.touchnet.com/C20761_ustores/web/index.jsp

Please note that we do not accept payments over the phone.

Location & Contact Information

Bursar’s Office
2nd Floor Troup Administration Building
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030

Phone: 478.825.6522
Fax: 478.825.6929

Email: ecashier@fvsu.edu

Business Hours

Summer operating hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, and 8:00 am to 11:30 am on Friday. The Cashier’s office will close at 2:00 pm on the last calendar day of each month, or on the preceding Friday if the last calendar day is on the weekend.


John Cagnina
Bursar, Director of Student Account Services
Email: cagninaj@fvsu.edu

Tomeka Y. Tripp
Assistant Bursar
Email: trippt@fvsu.edu

Audrea Haugabrook
Accounting Professional
Email: haugabrooka@fvsu.edu

Chuck Greer
ID Card Manager
Email: greerc@fvsu.edu

Tuition & Fee Rates

For additional information about the University System of Georgia tuition rates, please visit: USG Tuition and Financial Aid

Online Course Fees

Effective Fall 2019, fully on-line courses (W sections) for undergraduate students are charged a rate of $173.00 per credit hour for FVSU online and Georgia On My Line, $159.00 per credit hour for eCore, and $199.00 per credit hour for eMajor.  Fully on-line courses for graduate students are $219.00 per credit hour.

  • Out-of-state students pay the same as in-state students for fully online classes only.
  • Students not enrolled an any classes on an FVSU physical campus do not pay for health, activity, or transportation fees.
  • All students are required to pay the Institutional, Student Center and Technology Fees.
  • Student financial aid will apply towards online tuition.

Fee Waiver Applications

Mandatory Fees for Members of United States Armed Services  pdf
Georgia Residents Age 62 and Older  pdf

Other Fees

  •   Parking Decal (per semester for students) – $25.00
  •   Lab Fee – $50.00
  •   Replacement ID Card – $25.00
  •   Replacement BankMobile Card – $10.00
  •   Return Check Fee – $30
  •   Post Office Box Rental (semester) – $22.00
  •   Orientation Fee – $100.00
  •   Graduation Application Fee
  •        Undergraduate – $50.00
  •        Graduate – $60.00

Book Purchases

Students can use financial aid to purchase books in the campus bookstore before refunds are released each semester.  Access the request form from the Account Detail for Term page in Banner Web.  Send the completed form to ecashier@fvsu.edu from the Wildcat email account.

Payment Options

Payment Options Instructions
To Pay With Cash Visit the Cashier’s Office (Troup 230) with your FVSU Student ID card. If you do not have an FVSU ID, you may present a state ID, military ID or passport.
Remember, payments for tuition and fees are always due before the first day of class.
To Pay Via Charge Card or Check Visit the Student Account Suite website. Use your student ID number and current Banner Web pin to log in. You can also establish access for authorized users to complete payments on your student account.
Student Account Suite
To Use a Payment Plan To enroll in a payment plan, log in to your Banner Web account and select “Student Services, “Student Account”, and then “eCashier” Flexible Payment Plan. Please note that this option is available only until the published deadlines. Also, if you are receiving any financial aid, only those amounts that are listed in the Authorized Financial Aid section of the Account Detail for Term screen will be taken into consideration when completing an agreement for the Flexible Payment Plan.
To Pay Using Financial Aid Log in to your Banner Web account and go to the Account Detail for Term screen. If the total amount of Authorized Financial Aid is greater than the total charges on your account, the fee acceptance/payment process will be completed automatically. If all of the financial aid does not appear on your account before the first day of class, or the balance owed is not paid before the first day of class, a late fee may be assessed to your account.

Student Accounts

Your student account is comprised of charges for tuition, fees, housing, meals and any payments applied to your account. Deposits, bookstore charges, insurance and fines may also affect the amount due on your account. Please review your student account often via BannerWeb so that you are aware of all charges, payments and/or adjustments to your account.

Third Party Billing

A student whose tuition or a portion of the tuition and fees are paid by a third party must make sure that the Student Accounts Office receives a letter or voucher from the agency prior to registration. The letter or voucher must have all necessary signatures. It must list the student’s name, social security or the FVSU student ID number, the total amount the agency is agreeing to pay, and the time period during which the agency will sponsor the student. The letter or voucher should also indicate if the agency takes into consideration other aid applied to the student’s account. The name, billing address and telephone number of the contact person at the agency responsible for payment should also be listed.
An invoice will be mailed to the agency approximately four to eight weeks after the first day of class. If the agency fails to pay the invoice, the student will be responsible for the total amount due on the student’s account.


Tuition and fees are due on the first day of class. Payments may be made by cash, check, credit or debit card and online checks/ACHs. Checks must be made payable to Fort Valley State University and drawn on a financial institution located in the United States. The university does not accept counter checks and reserves the right to determine the acceptability of all checks. There is a $30 return check fee for any check returned due to insufficient funds as well as any online check/ACH that is returned. All payments are receipted in the Cashier’s Office.

Account Receivables Holds

An AR hold is placed on your account if you have an amount due to the university. The hold will prevent you from receiving services including receiving grades, registering for another semester and ordering an academic transcript.

Perkins Loan

Perkins Loan is a federal loan that is a need-based loan awarded to students who have exhausted all other means of financial aid. Repayment begins 9 months after graduation, upon withdrawal from the university, or when a student is no longer enrolled at least half-time. Interest accrues at 5% annual during repayment. The minimum monthly payment for a Perkins Loan is $40.00. Late fees are assessed on past due payments. Your loan balance and repayment history are reported monthly to National Credit Bureaus in accordance with federal regulations.

After a student is awarded a Perkins Loan, a master promissory note must be completed. To execute a Perkins master promissory note, go to [ipromise.campuspartners.com]. A properly executed promissory note is required before the loan is disbursed. You will need your FAFSA pin number to complete your promissory note. If you have misplaced your FAFSA pin number, you can request it be re-sent to you via email or displayed in the view now option at www.fafsa.ed.gov.

Upon graduation, withdrawal from the university, or when a student drops below half-time status, students are required to complete an exit interview. To complete an exit interview, go to www.mycampusloan.com. You will need your FAFSA pin number to complete your exit interview. If you do not complete the exit interview, your university records will be flagged which would prevent you from receiving services from the university.

Repayment can be deferred if you are enrolled at least half-time at an eligible institution and for performance of certain services. To receive information regarding different types of deferments and cancellations, visit www.campuspartners.com. To make payments, monitor loans, or update profile, visit www.mycampusloan.com.

If you need further assistance concerning your Perkins Loan, please call (478) 825-6302 or email eperkins@fvsu.edu.

Quick Links

Refund Policy

Regulations of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia provide for tuition and mandatory fee refunds when formal withdrawal from the institution is approved within a designated period following registration.

The refund percentage that a student receives is a calculation of the time remaining in the semester up through 60% of the semester. Once 60% of the semester has expired, there is no refund for a withdrawal from the institution. The refund calculation is based on days enrolled in the semester divided by the number of calendar days in the semester including weekends and holidays, but excluding breaks of five(5) or more consecutive days.

A refund of all semester tuition and other mandatory fees is made in the event of death of a student any time during an academic semester. (BR Minutes, 1979-80, p. 61; 1986-87. pp. 24-25; 1995, 6. 246).

Refunds are not processed for a reduction in class load after the end of the drop/add period.

Return to Title IV Policy


Federal regulations require that when you officially withdraw from the university or stop attending your classes that the amount of Federal Title IV Financial Aid assistance that you have “earned” up to that point must be calculated using a pro-rata formula. If you received more Financial Aid than you earned, the excess funds will be returned on your behalf by the University to the program in which you received aid. In most instances this will leave you owing the University.

If you change your enrollment status within the first 14 days of classes, your financial aid will be adjusted accordingly and you may possibly owe the University.

If you have completed more than sixty percent (60%) of a period of enrollment (i.e. fall term, spring term) you have earned all of your Financial Aid and your account will not be adjusted. Anything less than earning 60% of your aid will require an adjustment and billing.

Upon receipt of the official withdrawal notification from the Registrar’s Office, the Student Financial Services will perform the return calculation. You will be notified by mail. If there is any outstanding balance with the University you are responsible for making payment arrangements with the Student Financial Services Office.

What can happen if I withdraw from all my classes or
stop attending classes and get all “F” grades?

Students who withdraw from all classes prior to completing more than 60% of an enrollment term will have their aid recalculated based on the percent of the term they completed. For example, a student who withdraws completing only 30% of the term will have “earned” only 30% of any Title IV aid received. The remaining 70% must be returned. The Financial Aid Office encourages you to read this policy carefully. If you are thinking about withdrawing from all classes PRIOR to completing 60% of the semester, please CONTACT Student Financial Services to see how your withdrawal will affect your financial aid and your possible repayment.

“Title IV Funds” refers to the federal financial aid programs authorized under the Higher Education Act of 1965 (as amended) and includes: Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Parent Loans to Undergraduate Students (PLUS), Federal Pell Grants, Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH) and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG).

A student’s withdrawal date is:

  • the date the student began the institution’s withdrawal process (as described in Fort Valley State University’s Class Schedule) or officially notified the institution of intent to withdraw; or
  • the midpoint or later date of the period for a student who stops attending all classes without notifying the institution; or
  • the student’s last date of attendance at a documented academically-related activity.
  • Exception: For veterans receiving veteran’s benefits the withdrawal date is the last date of attendance or date of the last documented academically-related activity.

Notification of withdrawal should be in writing and addressed to the University Registrar Office.

The percentage of Title IV aid unearned to be returned to the appropriate program shall be 100% minus the percent earned. No program can receive a refund if the student did not receive aid from that program. Unearned aid shall be returned first by Fort Valley State University from the student’s account to the appropriate programs in the following order:

  1. Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
  2. Subsidized Stafford Loan
  3. Parent Loans to Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
  4. Federal Pell Grant
  5. Federal SEOG

The Student Financial Services Office will notify the student of the amount of repayment within 30 days of determining the student’s withdrawal. The student has 30 calendar days after notification to make a repayment in full or make satisfactory repayment arrangements with Fort Valley State University’ Business Office.



  • If she totally withdraws September 8 – she has completed 17 days; 15% of the term was earned. Fort Valley State University would have to return $1,211 to Federal Pell; Andrea would have to repay $0 to the U.S. Department of Education.
  • If she totally withdraws October 8 – she has completed 47 days; 42% of the term was earned. Fort Valley State University would have to refund $827 to Federal Pell; Andrea would have to the return $0 to U.S. Department of Education.
  • If she totally withdraws on October 27 – she has completed 66 days; 59% of the term was earned. FVSU would have to return $584 to Federal Pell; Andrea would have to repay $0 to U.S. Department of Education.
  • If she totally withdraws on October 31 – she has completed 70 days; 62% of the term was earned; no refunds or repayments are due.
  • If Andrea decides she needs a Stafford Loan for $1,750 in addition to the grants listed above and withdraws on October 10, she has completed 49 days; 44% of the term was earned. FVSU would have to return $798 to the lender Andrea would have to repay$0 to the U.S. Department of Education.

Unofficial Withdrawals

Students who subsequently discontinue their enrollment without officially withdrawing from the University will be considered to be unofficially withdrawn. This will be determined by the Registrar’s Office at the end of the semester by the reviewing of all “F” grades. For any students who have been determined to have unofficially withdrawn, refunds for Title IV aid will be considered to have occurred at the 50% point in accordance with federal regulations.

The 50% point will be used if the last date of attendance cannot be determined by the Registrar’s Office. Furthermore, if it is determined by the Registrar that the student has earned all “F” grades, then a calculation for return of Title IV funds will not be performed.

Institutional Deposits

All institutional deposits brought to the Cashier/Bursar’s Office must have supporting documentation. Each office should submit all deposits daily by 4:00 p.m. A cash transmittal can be used to list individual checks and a receipt will be issued for the total being submitted.

Cash Transmittal Form