President’s Distinguished Faculty Award
- This is FVSU’s most prestigious faculty award. It is presented to a single deserving full-time faculty member during the commencement ceremony each year. The award is determined by the president with advisory input. The recipient of this award will receive all the honors associated with it, and will be expected to serve as a faculty mentor in their area of specialization.
Teaching Excellence Awards:
- This award is given to faculty in order to recognize, reward, and promote excellence in teaching and advocacy for the profession. Any full-time FVSU faculty may nominate their full-time colleague, but the colleague must be in favor of being nominated. No self-nominations are accepted.
- This The nomination packet should include:
- This A reflective statement about the nominee’s teaching philosophy and practice (1-2 pages);
- This Two letters of support from colleagues qualified to comment on the nominee's teaching. (Note: Each letters should describe how the nominee teaches and why s/he is especially effective in advancing student learning and success);
- Two letters of support from the nominee’s students, specifically describing how they benefitted from being in the nominee’s class. At least one letter should be from a current student.
- This A small set of documents that provide evidence of the nominee's teaching success (e.g. course syllabi, handouts, descriptions of evaluation methods, examinations, summaries of recent student evaluations, data showing the success of the nominee's students, etc. (not to exceed 4 pages).
Service Excellence Awards:
- This award is given to faculty to recognize and reward exceptional service to FVSU students, FVSU, Fort Valley community, the State of Georgia, and/ or the Country.
- Any full-time FVSU faculty may nominate their full-time colleague, and self-nominations are accepted for this award.
- Nominations should include: a one-page narrative describing how the nominee 1) creates a friendly, can-do environment at FVSU; 2) communicates in a pleasant and helpful manner with students, colleagues and community; and 3) goes the “extra-mile” to assist students and colleagues at FVSU
- At least two letters of support from colleagues at FVSU, or elsewhere, who are qualified to comment on the nominee's delivery of exceptional service. (Exceptional service is defined as that which in some way transformed the service environment, and produced positive results, which were acknowledged in verbal or practical ways beyond this award).
Research Excellence Awards:
- This award is given in recognition of FVSU faculty (Full-time, or Part-time), who has a sustained publishing agenda in refereed publications. Published material must be within the academic year of the award (material under review will not be considered, nor will those in years other than the academic year of the award.
- This award also recognizes those who received significant grant funding during the academic year of the award.
- Any full-time FVSU faculty may nominate their full-time colleague, and self-nominations are accepted for these awards.
- Nominations should include:
- For Publications:
- A summary (Abstract) of the article;
- Statement of relevance to the nominee’s academic discipline and to student success;
- If available, a copy, or link to the published material (including publication date);
- Contact information for the publisher;
- Brief statement summarizing the refereeing process.
- For Grant Funding:
- A brief summary of the purpose of the grant, identifying the funding source, amount, and duration;
- Describe expected outcomes of the funding and how those outcomes relate to the mission of enhancing FVSU and student success.