Vacancy Number: 990
Job Summary: The Custodial Supervisor Assistant performs janitorial duties and directs custodial staff in the care of Fort Valley State University buildings and facilities, including cleaning and minor maintenance work.
The assistant may be required to work a rotating shift, including evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Custodial Supervisor with directing custodial staff and serving as a lead worker
- Ensures effective use of equipment and chemicals for proper performance of duties
- Performs lead tasks in completing work orders and assignments: vacuuming and cleaning carpets; sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, stripping and waxing floors; cleans restrooms, dusts, and replenishes supplies; empties trash receptacles; washes windows, walls, glass doors, and classroom equipment ( may work from a ladder)
- Inspects and ensures completion of work assignments
- Applies computer skills in responding to inquiries, generating reports, and approving time cards
- Requests and maintains an inventory of janitorial supplies
- Assists in the set-up of facilities for special events
- Makes minor repairs and reports maintenance needs
- Communicates with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the general public in a cordial manner
- Attends safety meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years experience directly related to the responsibilities of the position
- Two years supervisory experience
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical skills
- Possess basic computer skills
May be exposed to weather conditions, hazardous materials, extreme cold and heat, fumes, dust, noise and inadequate or poor quality lighting
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, bend/stoop, and reach above shoulder level.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
The deadline to apply is September 28, 2016.