• Clean classrooms, offices, bathrooms, and common areas – includes sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and emptying trash
• Maintain inventory cleaning supplies, including ordering and receiving supplies
• Perform seasonal deep cleaning and maintenance of building interior and exterior (waxing floors, cleaning carpet, pressure washing buildings)
• Ensure that safety and health procedures are followed as directed by management and/or established policy
• Perform routine inspections and regular up keep of interior and exterior areas to ensure areas are free of safety hazards, trash, weeds and other foreign materials.
• Perform regular upkeep of outside areas, including lawns, landscaped beds, play grounds and parking lots, to include weeding, trash and litter removal required to keep areas clean, neat and safe.
• Assist with moving furniture (office and classroom), fixtures and equipment
• Maintain an annual physical and Tuberculosis vaccination
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or a GED
• Pass drug screening and a background investigation
• Current physical and Tuberculosis vaccination
• Valid driver’s license
• Good communication skills, flexibility, and teamwork
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s):
• Knowledge of proper methods, techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in modern custodial work; proper method of storing equipment, materials, supplies; appropriate safety precautions and procedures; proper lifting techniques
• Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others
• Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions
• Ability to use mechanical equipment, such as carpet cleaner, floor scrubber, vacuum, tools, etc.
• Ability to use various chemicals and cleaning agents
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Current CPR and First Aid certifications
• Experience in large-scale food production operation
Interested persons should submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
• Must have reliable transportation to travel to and from one of the centers located in Taylor or Macon county
• Must be punctual and able to work Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Must be able to work indoors as well as transition to outdoors
• Possible exposure to communicable diseases
• Possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids or tissue
• Daily lifting up to 50 lbs, to load and transport bulk supplies, furniture, fixtures etc.
• Occasional lifting of over 70 lbs., with assistance
• Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks
• Regular bending, crouching, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities. Includes occasional ladder climbing and crawling under equipment, buildings, etc.
• Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.