Vacancy Number: 989
Job Summary: The Customer Service Representative is the front-line representative for the Financial Aid office and the first point of contact by telephone and walk-ins for students and the general public.
- Communicate effectively and accurately between students, financial aid staff, and other internal staff and external clients
- Assist students and parents with required financial aid processes; electronic applications; manual forms, etc.
- Process and post incoming mail and faxes via SCT Banner and other software
- Maintain and organize work flow of front office; know financial aid policy and procedures
- Assist Financial Aid counselors and staff with other clerical functions and processes
- Perform basic financial aid processes and procedures; have a working knowledge of federal and state rules/regulations to understand the work flow of all student services areas
- Maintain office files/records; process purchase requisitions/ inventory of supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred
- Five years of experience in customer service (with high school diploma) or two years in customer service (with associate’s degree)
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills; professional attitude required
- General clerical/secretarial skills needed
- Basic computer skills required and SCT Banner experience preferred
- Knowledge of collegiate financial aid operations and student services a plus
- Must be able to work extended hours during peak-times ( i.e. semester registration)
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage varied tasks
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing job duties, the employee may be required to:
- Perform repetitive tasks; sit for extended periods of time and maintain the normal range of body motion.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds materials.
- Travel to represent FVSU at various recruitment events which will include transportation in the form of car, van, bus or airline.
- May be required to work beyond regular work hours (evenings and weekends) as defined by the needs of the department
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Application packets will be accepted through September 3, 2016; review and interviewing of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.