Fort Valley State University, in an effort to recruit and retain students, has a renewed commitment to providing friendly and efficient service to all students and others assisted by the university. During the month of September, the FVSU Office of Human Resources will host customer service workshops. Frances Mohr, director of customer service at Georgia Perimeter College, will conduct each session.
Financial Aid, Recruitment & Admissions, Registrar’s, Cashier’s, Housing, and Clerical Assistants from the Colleges of Ag, Arts & Sciences, Education and Graduate Studies.
The workshops will be held in the Student Amenities Building, room 201. Please register for one of the four sessions by Friday, September 20.
Topics covered during the session include :
- Underscoring the importance that our students are our #1 priority and deserve excellent customer service
- Defining what is exceptional customer service; how to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Professional telephone and email etiquette
- Understanding that a positive attitude is critical to job performance
- Understanding that to customers, each employee (faculty or staff) serving them IS Fort Valley State University
- Importance of training student workers to provide excellent customer service
Space is limited, so please RSVP as soon as possible. For more information, call the Office of Human Resources, (478) 825-6301