Vacancy Number: 1001
Job Summary: The Director of Financial Aid works under the general supervision of the Vice Provost for Student Success and Enrollment Management and is responsible for the efficient and effective management and administration of the student Financial Aid Office and its functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer all federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures relating to student financial aid, student employment & scholarships, creating budget projections, coordinating the day-to-day management of the Financial Aid Office, supervising and training office staff, preparing all federal, state, and institutional reports pertaining to aid/scholarships, and serving as liaison to state and federal funding agencies.
- Administering the Title IV student financial aid programs: PELL GRANTS, SEOG, TEACH GRANT, FWSP, PERKINS LOANS, STAFFORD LOANS, PLUS LOANS, and other loans and programs that may be established.
- Serve as an active member of various committees throughout the University.
- Coordinate provision of services to constituents and maintain a complete understanding of all University, State of Georgia, and Federal financial aid rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Development and implementation of short and long range goals and objectives for the financial aid office.
- Assist in counseling students, parents, etc. regarding financial aid eligibility and debt management and financial literacy matters, as well as analysis and awarding of financial aid funds.
- Present financial aid workshops for prospective students & parents and make visits to area schools and career fairs to promote financial aid availability to students.
- Prepare annual FISAP report and any other reports requested by the Federal and/or State Government.
- Coordinate audits of records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs.
- Possess an outgoing, positive, professional demeanor; possess enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Possess strong presentation, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to connect, motivate, and inspire people, especially youth.
- Ability to embody FVSU’s service excellence values and expectations.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to relate to a diverse pool of prospective college students with tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse student body.
- Ability to commit to a team-building approach.
- Experience with need analysis, counseling, and packaging aid.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet timelines and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of FVSU’s admissions process.
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations strategies.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) and relational databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s degree preferred, in student personnel. administration, business, public administration, social sciences or related area.
- Five years demonstrated successful and progressively responsible experience in financial aid.
- Expertise in financial aid systems to include Banner and EDP Express.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing job duties, the employee may be required to:
- Perform repetitive tasks; sit and drive for extended periods of time and maintain the normal range of body motion.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and assemble/disassemble display materials.
- Drive University vehicles (car/van) while traveling on official University business.
Working Conditions / Environment
- Travel to represent FVSU at various recruitment events which will include transportation in the form of car, van, bus or airline.
- May through August is peak processing time for financial aid. Must possess flexibility in work schedule during this and other peak time.
- May be required to work beyond regular work hours (evenings and weekends) as defined by the needs of the department.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
The deadline to apply is September 16, 2016; review of applications will begin immediately.