The Director of Maintenance oversees and coordinates the work performed by the maintenance department and provides direct supervision to skilled trades and non-skilled employees (carpenters, painters, locksmiths, plumbers, HVAC and electricians) who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing, ventilation and other campus building systems. The director is responsible for the performance of a wide range of administrative and technical assignments associated with facilities maintenance and operations, including special events, preventative maintenance, and emergencies.
This is a full-time, 12-month position and is subject to evening hours, weekends, and emergency call-outs.
• Plan/prioritize, organize, and direct a diverse staff to meet operational demands for regular assignments and special projects
• Establish an on-going preventative maintenance program
• Review work orders and specifications to determine material and labor to complete the project and provide feedback on completion rates
• Assist in coordinating the activities of employees in maintenance to ensure the effective and efficient utilization of staff, materials and equipment
• Tour and inspect the facilities to ensure total quality management requirements in maintenance operations
• Ensure compliance with all OSHA/EPA regulations and other local, state, and federal government regulations
• Respond to the requests of the client, campus community, other plant operations employees, and building managers
• Manage work order system and ensure data is accurate, and that closed loop communications are taking place with all requestors
• Evaluate problematic systems or facilities and determine what installation or repair services need to be performed
• Develop technical and non-technical training programs for plant operations and maintenance
• Identify and implement energy saving measures in campus buildings
• Assure established standards are achieved by regularly inspecting the work of maintenance personnel, directing corrective measures to be taken when necessary and appropriate
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED
• Eight (8) years supervisory experience in the maintenance, repair, renovation and operation of an educational, commercial, or industrial facility
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to effectively plan, organize, direct, and evaluate a large diverse staff.
• Ability to work in a managerial capacity both vertically and horizontally, to achieve department objectives
• Ability to oversee capital projects, maintenance plans, and funding requests
• Technical knowledge of maintenance equipment
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or business administration/ facilities management
• Ten (10) years related experience
• Completion of journey level program in skilled trade(s)
Interested persons should submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Copy of Official Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain all required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Indoor, outdoor, office and shop environment; driving from site to site to perform job duties; adverse weather conditions; subject to noise from equipment operation; subject to nights and weekend work; subject to call outs for emergencies.
Standing and walking for extended periods of time, climbing, bending at the waist, reaching overhead, lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer terminal, and seeing to observe needed repairs.