Vacancy number: 1022
Department: Academic Affairs
Position Overview: The Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs (AVPAA)/Director of the Office of Institutional Research, Planning & Effectiveness (OIRPE) serves as part of the Academic Affairs Office team dedicated to supporting the mission of Fort Valley State University (FVSU), which is to advance the cause of education with emphasis upon fulfilling commitments that our community members have undertaken collectively. The successful candidate must be an exceptionally qualified, bright, energetic and innovative individual with substantial experience in areas typically found in institutional research functions in an academic setting. The AVPAA/Director of the OIRPE reports directly to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs and will play a key role in creating an institutional culture that encourages and supports optimal effectiveness through data-driven decision-making.
- Coordinate institutional effectiveness efforts for academic and non-academic units
- Ensure compliance of academic and non-academic units with SACS standards along with standards and requirements of specialized accrediting agencies with regard to institutional effectiveness
- Coordinate surveys, reports and other documents requiring data from the institution’s common dataset
- Develop and maintain institutional data and disseminate it via the institutional fact book
- Coordinate the institutional instruments used to collect, analyze and report data to enhance institutional effectiveness
Qualifications & Experience
- A doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Five or more years of progressive leadership and management experience in administrative capacities in academic affairs and/or institutional research, planning and effectiveness
- Knowledge of and experience with the reaffirmation of accreditation process through SACS
- Experience in a broad array of academic affairs functional areas that demonstrates appropriate preparedness for the position
- Deep written and organizational skills
- Strong technical skills that include experience working with databases and software utilized to perform data analysis
Closing Date: The position will remain open until filled, but applications received by February 15, 2017, will receive full consideration.
Salary: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: Send electronic copies of an application cover letter, résumé, transcripts and contact information (i.e., name, address, phone and email) for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference position #1022.
Fort Valley State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and does not discriminate against any person because of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, creed, age, veteran status or disability.