Dual Enrollment Options at Fort Valley State University
The DUal Enrollment Today (DUET) Program at Fort Valley State University is a unique college preparatory program designed to encourage academically talented high school juniors and seniors to earn college degree-level credit hours as they simultaneously meet their high school graduation requirements. DUET Scholars are eligible to take core courses from the university’s curriculum.
The program offers two dual enrollment options: Accel and Move on When Ready. Accel and Move on When Ready are only available in the fall and spring semesters.
Allows for an eligible student entering 11th and 12th grade, enrolled at a public or private high school who meets the criteria below to enroll at Fort Valley State University as a dual enrollment student. In some cases, students will continue to take classes at their local high school in addition to their co-pay tuition and free books only applies to maximum fifteen (15) credit hours per semester. The student eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Legal Georgia resident
- Georgia high school junior or senior (public or private)
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- 970 SAT (Math and Verbal) or 21 ACT
Move On When Ready
Allows students entering 11th or 12th grade who spent the prior year in attendance at a Georgia public high school to take all of their coursework at Fort Valley State University. Students will be required to commit to at least a 12 credit hour course load per semester. Free or low co-pay tuition and free books only applies to maximum fifteen (15) credit hours per semester. The student eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Legal Georgia resident
- Georgia high school junior or senior (public only)
- 3.25 Cumulative GPA
- 1,000 SAT (Math and Verbal) or 23 ACT
- Letter of recommendation from High School Principal or Counselor
What we offer:
FVSU’s DUET (previously University Today Scholars) Dual Enrollment Today Participants Pay:
- Zero dollars if you take courses on FVSU’s campuses
- $33 co-pay for online courses
- Zero dollars for books
Live in the best dorm in the world: Your home!
- FVSU Application: https://secure.gacollege411.org/Applications/USG_Common_App_Short/introduction.asp?application_id=1922
- ACCEL Application: Gafutures.org
- ACCEL Approved courses accepted by the FVSU: https://apps.gsfc.org/securenextgen/dsp_accel_course_listings.cfm
- ACT and SAT exams: www.actstudent.org • www.collegeboard.org
- FVSU Application
- ACCEL Application (Online) – Must submit a copy of completed application to program office
- Official High School Transcripts
- Official SAT/ACT Test Scores
To Apply: Please visit your high school counselor or contact:
Morteza Sadri, Ph.D.