Candidates will participate in a clinical practicum at their work sites. EDSC 6143 Clinical Supervision is a prerequisite for the practicum.
Candidates must maintain a cumulative average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, complete all coursework, pass a Departmental Comprehensive Examination, earn satisfactory ratings on all key program assessments. Program assessments are aligned with the CoE performance objectives, the Board of Regents’ Principles, the Georgia 2000 standards, the NBTPS Propositions, and NCATE/GA PSC standards.
The School Counselor Education Ed.S. Program requires a minimum of 27 semester hours.
The required courses are:
- EDUC 6423 Seminar in Social Issues and Comparative Education
- EDUC 6133 Using the SPSS Statistical Package
- EDSC 6123 Diagnosis and Treatment
- EDSC 6143 Clinical Supervision
- EDSC 6853 Practicum in Supervision
- EDSC 6263 Advanced Seminar in Students Issues
- EDSC 6363 Advanced Seminar in Counseling Theories
- EDSC 6423 Counseling Children (Target- Elem., Middle)
- EDSC 6563 Advanced Career Counseling
- EDUC 6663 Advanced Multicultural Studies
- EDSC 6763 Leading Groups in Schools
- EDUC 6893 Research Project
- EDUC 6993 Thesis