History, Geography, Political Science and Criminal Justice
145 Horace Mann Bond Building
• 2000 – Present Fort Valley State University Department of History, Geography and Political Science
• 2005-2010 Adjunct Associate Professor of World regions Center for continuing Education Marcia University Macon
• 1997-1998 Adjunct Associate Professor School of Urban and Public Affairs, University of Texas at Arlington Comparative
Housing; Federal Housing Policy programs, HUD grants: Section 8 & Housing History & Finance (Post-graduate)
• 1995-1997, Carrollton and Farmers ISD. Substitute Teacher (High School)
• 1994-1995 L.H.R. Consulting & Education Services Consultant/professor of Environmental Science
• 1993-1994 Adjunct Lecturer College of N.E. London Department of Environment Health, Planning, Housing &
Administration (Undergraduate) in Statistics, Research Methods and Computing (MINITAB)
• 1982-1984 College of Education Eha-Amufu Lecturer & Acting Head of Department of Geography
• 1982-1985 University of Lagos Institute of Distant Studies (Part –time Lecturer) Continuing Education
• 1980-1982, Lecturer II in Geography College of Education Yola, Nigeria
• 1978-1980 College of Education, Pankshin, Lecturer II in Geography and Elementary Survey
• 1977-1978 Government Secondary School Pankshin, Plateau State, Nigeria
• 1993-1994 Boys High School Awkunanaw,
• 2013 November Quality Education for Minorities (QEM) Network Workshop by National Science
Foundation NSF’S Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) Program
• 2013 October ESRI Sharpen Your Skills Seminar: Using ArcGis 10.1 for Desktop.
• 2010 GIS Summer workshop for High School Math/Science Teachers in Middle Georgia Region. Funded by
the US Department of Education grant
• 2009 GIS hands-on workshop for Staff of Macon-Bibb County Planning and Zoning Commission.
• 2008 October, Quality Education For Minorities (QEM) Network. Workshop for National Science Foundation
(NSF)’s Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) program
• 2006 July 22 – 29 SPACE Summer workshop on “Remote Sensing and GIS Technologies for Undergraduate
Curricular in the Social Sciences” The University of Oklahoma, Norman
• 2006 September: Introduction to GIS: Seminar/workshop for faculty/Staff Fort Valley State University funded from
the Spatial Perspectives on Analysis for Curriculum Enhancement grant (SPACE).
• 2005. GIS hands on workshop for Staff of Macon-Bibb County Planning a Zoning Commission
• 2004. May Online Weather study workshop
• 2004. February North-side High School GIS Seminar –An introduction to GIS
• 2003. Mobile GIS Seminar for real time decision making in the field.
• 2003 June: Introduction to GIS – Community participation – Wolf Alliance.
• 2001 June: Seminar on the use of and application of Arc- GIS, Atlanta Georgia.
• 2009/2010: US Department of Education Grant award for the Acquisition of GIS laboratory Equipment for
recruitment and Training Projects: ($95,000)
• 2006: SPACE Grant to introduce GIS to Student, Faculty and Staff- Campus enlightenment campaign on the
use and application of GIS: ($500.00)
• 2003: FVSU Faculty Summer Research Stipend $1000.00 Assessment of Urban Environmental Quality (Housing)
In South Macon, Bib County Georgia.
• 1984 – 1988 Federal Government (Nigeria) Overseas Scholarship at Edinburgh University, Scotland U.K
• 1979- 1980 University of Jos Nigeria Post-graduate Scholarship
• 1974-1977 Federal Government of Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship University of Lagos
Service to Community
• 2013: Faculty Senator Representing Department of Social Science.
• 2013: Elected to Department of Social Sciences Tenure and Promotions Committee.
• 2012: Member, committee for Reddick Scholarship Award for articles published on Africa in the Journal of
Third World Studies.
• 2010: Member, Promotion and Post- tenure Committee: Department of Fine Arts, Humanities and Mass Communication.
• 2010: Member, Promotion and Tenure Committee: Department of English and Foreign Languages
• 2004: Present Director Social Science/GIS Laboratory
• 2005: Present Co-Chair Coordinating Committee Weather net Classroom/American Meteorological Society.
• 2005 to Present Chair, Geography Grant writing: Department of History, Geography and Political Science
• 2004-2006 Chair Board of regents Committee on core courses in Geography and Geology
• 2004 – Present Associate member Population Study center (PSC) Department of Business and Economics
• 2004 – 2006 Member, Faculty senate Representing Department of Social Sciences.
• 2003- Present Member Board of Regents committee on core courses: Geography and Geology
• 2003 – Present Consultant Advance placement program, Human geography
• 2003 – Present Member Professional Education Faculty Council
• 2003 – Present Member University Curriculum Committee and Curriculum sub-committee
• 2004 –2013 Present Judge B-P-R-B Student paper competition
• 2004-2009 Judge Middle Georgia Regional History Day Contest
• 200-2001 Judge High School Quiz Bowl
Additional Professional Responsibilities and Activities
• 2008 – Present Editorial Board member, Journal of Recreation and Society in Africa, Asia and South America
• 2005 Academic Reviewer National Geographic Society Atlas, John Wiley and Sons Alliance Partner2003 to Present
Consultant on AP Human Geography College Board
Professional Associations and Memberships
• 2010 - Present Member National Council for Geographic Education. 2013
• 2004- Present Member, Association of Third World studies and African Research Forum 2004-2013