Nabil A. Yousif
- College: College of Arts and Sciences
- Department: Mathematics and Computer Science Department
- Title: Assistant Professor
MS Degree in Computer Science, Alabama A&M University, Huntsville, ALA, December 1984
BS Degree in Computer Science, Alabama A&M University, Huntsville, ALA, May 1982
- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fort Valley State University, (August 2014 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fort Valley State University, (August 1998 to July 2014)
- Instructor, Department of Computer Technology, Fort Valley State University, (January 1997 to July 1998)
- RF design and network optimization support engineer (June 2000 to August 2000), Integrated Wireless Communication (IWC)
- Senior Programmer/Analyst (September 1985 to May 1996 Saudi Agricultural Bank Head Quarter in Riyadh K.S.A.)
- Designed and Implemented Payroll System and Personnel System.
- Designed and Implemented Statistical System for Agricultural Projects & Loans
- Designed and Implemented Agricultural Equipment System.
- Performed System Operator duties such as System Startup, System Shutdown,
- Managed/Trained Saudi Agricultural Bank Employees to Write/Debug COBOL Programs.
- Quality Controlled the Documentation before accepting the following Saudi Agricultural Bank System: Loans Application, Collections, Follow-up, Accounting, and Budget.
- Oracle Certified Associate – OCA (September 11, 2007)
- CISCO Certified Network Associate – CCNA (January 6, 2003); Cisco ID: CSCO10517545
- CompTIA Network+ Certified Professional (July 23, 2003); CompTIA Career ID: COMP001001671252
- “Assessing Long-Term Student Performance in Programming Subjects,” The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Vol.24, No.2, December 2008 (Co-Author)
- Publication in Peer-Review Conference Proceedings with Presentation
- “Illumination and Rotation Invariant Texture Segmentation,”, (with X. Zeng, M. Naghedolfeizi, and R. Gosukonda), WorldCOMP’13, Las Vegas, Nevada, July 22-25, 2013. (Co-Author)
- “Engaging Computer Science Students in Electromechanical Engineering Projects,”, (with M. Naghedolfeizi , S. Arora, and R. M. Gosukonda,), ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Vancouver, Canada, June 26-29, 2011. (Co-Author)
- “Factors Affecting the Performance of Students in a Data Structures Course at Fort Valley State University,”, (with R. M. Gosukonda, and M. Naghedolfeizi,), ASEE Southeastern Conference, Blacksburg, VA. April 18-20-2010. (Co-Author)
- “A performance Comparison between Artificial Neural Network Models and gravity and Push-Pull models in the Study of International Migration from South America to United States ,” Mid-Southeastern Chapter of the ACM, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Nov. 12-13, 2009. (Co-Author)
- “A Project Based Approach for Teaching System Analysis, Design, and Implementation Courses”, (with M. Naghedolfeizi), ASEE Southeastern Section Conference, University of Louisville. Louisville, Kentucky, April 1-3, 2007. (Principal Author)
- “Effect of RAM Amount on the Thermal Behavior of CPU Operating under a Heavy Computational Load,” (with M. Naghedolfeizi, S. Arora, and S. Garcia), Nineteenth Annual IEEE Semiconductor Thermal Measurement and Management Symposium, San Jose, CA, March 11-13, 2002. (Co-Author)
- “Analysis of Student Performance in Programming Subjects of an In-house Exit Exam”, (with M. Naghedolfeizi, and S. Garcia-Otera), ASEE Southeastern Section Conference, University of Louisville. Louisville, Kentucky, April 1-3, 2007. (Co-Author)
Professional Presentations with Published Abstracts
- Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Sanjeev Arora, Nabil Yousif, and Xiangyan Zeng, “Developing Applications Using Microprocessors to Supplement Undergraduate Computer Programming Laboratories”, ACM-Mid-Southeast Chapter Gatlinburg, TN Nov. 13-14, 2014. (Abstract).
- Xiangyan Zeng, Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Sanjeev Arora, and Nabil Yousif , “Medical Image Denoising by Anisotropic Diffusion and Independent Component Analysis”, ACM-Mid-Southeast Chapter Gatlinburg, TN Nov. 13-14, 2014. (Abstract).
- “Application of OPNET Guru Software System in Computer Network Classes,”, (with M. Naghedolfeizi, and X. Zeng), Mid-Southeast Chapter of the ACM. Gatlinburg, Tennessee, November 14-15, 2013. (Co-Author)
- “Implementation of Software Engineering Techniques in System Analysis and Design Courses,”, (with M. Naghedolfeizi ) ACM-Mid-Southeast Chapter Gatlinburg, TN Nov. 15-16, 2012. (Principal Author)
- “Developing a Pre-Assessment Instrument to Measure Readiness of Students in a Data Structures Course,”, (with M. Naghedolfeizi, and X. Zeng), Mid-Southeast Chapter of the ACM Conference, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Nov. 10-11, 2011. (Principal Author)