James H. Porter Scholarship - The award covers institutional charges up to $1250 per semester. Students receiving Porter Scholarships will be known as Porter Scholars. The following criteria will be used in the selection of Porter Scholars:
- Must be Georgia residents.
- Must be full-time undergraduate students and must earn at least 30 semester hours per academic year.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0 (only CPC classes considered) and a minimum SAT score of 1000 (critical reading and mathematics) or equivalent ACT score.
- Students with prior college attendance must meet the above criteria and have a minimum GPA of at least 3.30.
- Renewal is not automated. Students must apply each year. Awards may be renewed if funding permits and students have maintained a GPA of at least 3.00. Awards, if renewed, are for a maximum of 4 consecutive years. Porter awards are not available for summer terms.
- Must submit a Porter Scholarship Application.