Apply for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan
Families may borrow up to the full cost of attendance, less financial aid. While there are no income restrictions, the borrower must pass standard tests of creditworthiness. All loans may be prepaid partially or in full with no penalty.
Families intending to borrow a parent loan should submit the application as soon as possible in order for loan credits to be available toward the payment required for registration. Please apply for only one parent loan at a time.
Federal Direct PLUS Program (available to U.S citizens and permanent residents)
- Interest rate is fixed at 7.9 percent, with 10 years to repay. Repayment begins right away.
- The 2.5% net -origination fee (after 1.5% automatic rebate for on-time payment) is deducted from the amount for which families apply.
- Extended and graduated repayment plans also available.
- Evaluation of creditworthiness does not include debt-service-to-income ratio analysis.
- Financial Aid is normally applied to student accounts seven (7) days before the first day of class.
Federal Direct Loan Online Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Before you begin the online MPN process, please make sure to have the following information available to you:
- Your PIN issued to you by the US Department of Education;
- Your Social Security Number;
- Your driver’s license number;
- Your permanent address and telephone number;
- Information for two references, including: name, addresses, and telephone numbers.
Having the aforementioned information available prior to beginning the online MPN will help you successfully complete the process.
PARENTS: Please click the button below to begin your MPN for a Federal Parent PLUS Loan.
Step 1: Complete and Fax the
If you do not have or do not know your PIN, you may request it at. Please keep in mind, if you are requesting a new PIN it will be sent to you via email in 3 business days. If an email address is not provided, it will take 7-10 business days to receive a PIN via mail.