October 22, 2015 – The Fort Valley State University Office of Campus Police and Safety has released the following traffic advisory for street closings and detours during Homecoming Week 2015, from Oct. 24 – 31.
Homecoming Street Closures
- Friday, Oct. 30
1. State University Drive – The street will close at 6 p.m., Oct. 30, and reopen again at midnight, Oct. 31.
- Saturday, Oct. 31
1. State University Drive – The street will close for the Homecoming Parade, which begins at 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, and reopens midnight, Sunday, Nov. 1.
2. Carver Drive – The northern portion of Carver Drive will also be closed at Molette Street to through traffic traveling to the Wildcat Stadium.
Individuals traveling to campus on Oct. 30-31, should take Highway 49 to Ira Hicks Blvd., or Highway 341 to Ira Hicks Blvd, and drive to campus.
- Handicapped parking – Handicapped parking is available near the Health and Physical Education Complex and Wildcat Commons Residence Halls #5, #6 and #7.
- Paid parking – Paid parking spots will be available by Hunt Memorial Library and Hubbard Education Building.
- Bus parking – Buses traveling with bands to perform in the parade are encouraged to drop off early in downtown Fort Valley, and travel onto the main entrance of FVSU on State University Drive. Buses will only be allowed to park at the Pettigrew Center all other traffic must travel to Ira Hicks Blvd. onto Carver Drive.
- Prohibited Vehicles – All non FVSU-owned golf carts, all-terrain vehicles, mopeds and small motorized personal carriers are prohibited on university property.
For questions, contact the FVSU Department of Campus Police and Safety at (478) 825-6280.