October 22, 2015 – In honor of Fort Valley State University’s Homecoming, the Office of Campus Live is sponsoring a 2015 Homecoming Building Decoration Contest. Winners will be spotlighted in the university’s Wildcat Dreams newsletter and have a year’s worth of bragging rights. The on-campus first-place winner will receive a pizza party.
The deadline for entries is Wednesday, Oct. 28. The judging period will last from Monday, Oct. 26 until Friday, Oct. 30. This year, the downtown businesses within the City of Fort Valley and residents along University Drive are also invited to join in this year’s FVSU Homecoming Decorations contest and show your Wildcat spirit!
Obtain entry forms from https://orgsync.com/7510/forms/166608. Return all forms via email to email@example.com or take them to the room 210 in the Student Amenities Building.
Judges will evaluate office entries on creativity, originality and theme to see whose decorations display the most Wildcat school spirit. All decorations should be disassembled after Homecoming ends.
On-Campus Decorating Guidelines:
• Participants are responsible for providing decorations.
• Only the doors and office/department can be decorated. No decorations are permitted outside in front of buildings.
• Do not hang lights or cord-like items across walkways. Decorations cannot restrict the movement through hallways, entrances and exits of the office/ building.
• Do not cover office numbers or nameplates. These must be visible at all times so judges can find you.
• When putting decorations around windows, please consider the type of tape or glue you use and choose a type that will come off and clean up easily.
• Use only decorations that are non-flammable.
• Do not place decorations around lights.
• Decorations cannot restrict the view of any exit signs.
For details, contact Brian Byrd, director of the Office of Campus Life, at (478) 825-6290, or firstname.lastname@example.org.