For best success with Brightspace by D2L this semester, remember the ten tips below. Save this for reference throughout the semester.
- Brightspace by D2L users at some institutions can reset their own passwords.
- Your initial password should be your BannerWEB PIN. For security reasons, a reset password can ONLY be sent to your campus email account. Check BannerWEB for information on your campus email account.
- Most online courses will not be available until the first day of class. If your instructor has said your course should be available and it is not, contact your instructor.
- If you register late, your course will not be available until 1-2 business days after registration. If this time has passed, and you still do not have access to your course, ask your instructor to add you.
- Currently, Firefox 3.6 is the recommended Windows browser for use with Brightspace by D2L. Other browsers may develop problems. Download Firefox 3.6 here:http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html .
- Your Windows computer cannot have more than ONE version of Java (JRE) installed.
- Do not automatically update your browser or Java during the semester. In Java Control Panel uncheck Check for Updates Automatically.
- Clear your browser and Java cache before beginning each assessment. See the link below for help.
- Compose assignments using a program such as Microsoft Word, then copy and paste the text or attach the document to the assignment. If you attempt to write a lengthy paper within the Assignment Tool you may time out and lose your work. Lost compositions are NOT recoverable.