February 21, 2015
Sports Hall of Fame Unveiling Ceremony • 4 p.m. • Health and Physical Education Complex
The Fort Valley State University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics celebrates its proud basketball tradition with its All-Star Basketball Reunion/Homecoming and second annual Sports Hall of Fame Banquet, scheduled for February 20-21, 2015. The two-day event celebrates former Wildcat basketball student-athletes, coaches, athletic directors, trainers, managers, statisticians and cheerleaders, as well as some of FVSU’s all-time athletic greats.
The weekend begins with the 2014-15 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, slated for Feb. 20. The second group of inductees will be enshrined at the event, which celebrates the rich heritage and tradition of Wildcats athletics.
2015 FVSU Sports Hall of Fame Honorees
- David Bowden (Football and Track & Field)
- Alvin J. Copeland (Football and Track & Field)
- Charles Flowers(Basketball)
- Sharlene Fuller(Track & Field and Volleyball)
- Jackie Givens (Women’s Basketball and Volleyball)
- Rufus O. Green, II (Contributor)
- James Hawkins (Administrator)
- Camille Howard (Women’s Basketball)
- Walter “Bussy” Johnson (Contributor)
- Willie Johnson (Golf)
- Darlene Moore (Coach)
- Gwendolyn Reeves (Administrator)
- Paul Robinson, Jr. (Contributor)
- Shemekia Williams (Volleyball, Softball and Track & Field)
- Clyde Zachery (Men’s Basketball and Baseball)
On Feb. 21, the attention turns to the hardwood as FVSU welcomes back its basketball alumni for a day full of festivities. The day begins at 11 a.m. with a Basketball Reunion Game. At 5 p.m., FVSU will host a Reunion Reception, followed by the current men’s and women’s basketball doubleheader against Albany State, also at the Health and Physical Education Complex.
The cost to attend both Sports Hall of Fame Banquet and the All-Star Basketball Reunion is $99, which includes admission to the Hall of Fame banquet and All-Star reception, the basketball games and a commemorative t-shirt and booklet. To only attend the All-Star Basketball Reunion, the fee is $49, which includes admission to the reception, the basketball games and a commemorative t-shirt and booklet. The deadline to pre-register for the event is Tuesday, Feb. 10.
Click here to register or for additional Sports Hall of Fame Banquet and the All-Star Basketball Reunion details.
Become a Sponsor by Feb. 6: http://www.fvsu.edu/files/mainfiles/uploads/2015FVSUSHOF_SponsorshipPackage.pdf