Vacancy number: 1025
Job title: Instructor of Electronic Engineering Technology
Department: Engineering Technology
The Instructor of Electronic Engineering Technology is a 10-month non-tenure track full-time faculty position. The teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. The instructor will work closely with the Electronic Engineering Technology (EET) Program Coordinator in achieving goals of the EET program. The instructor will be required to participate and contribute in outcome assessments and continuous improvement plan for ABET accreditation, and to serve in committees and attend meeting for professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching in the EET areas of electric circuits, analog and digital electronics, engineering drafting using AutoCAD, electronic communication systems and design contents in EET courses
- Develop/improve laboratory experiments
- Advise students and participate in student recruitment
- Participate and contribute in EET program outcome assessment and continuous improvement plan for ABET
- Service in the departmental, college and university committees
- Attend meetings for professional development, and
- Other job-related duties that may be assigned
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering Technology
- Minimum of two years teaching at the college level in the U.S.
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate teaching
- Effective English communications (oral and written)
- Committed to developing student technical abilities
- Ability to use modern PC and word processing software
- Two years of industrial experience
The working conditions are the usual in class teaching and laboratory supervision of students in the lab during the day time, and a few after hours teaching and lab supervision. Also, the faculty may be required to come to campus on a few Saturdays for student recruitment and open house events. Travel to campus is required and all classes and labs are held on campus. The faculty will work in a climate controlled environment.
The physical requirements for this position will require standing in front of a classroom delivering lectures to students for extended periods of time; and the faculty will be required to walk around the lab to supervise and assist students in conducted their laboratory experiments. Good eyesight and hearing are required.
How to apply:
Interested persons must submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain all required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.