County Program Assistant - Extension
The Stewart-Webster County Program Assistant will work with all Agriculture and Natural Resources Specialists to coordinate and implement county based programs; support all areas and components of the Cooperative Extension Program; and work in harmony with the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension County Staff.
- Assists in the coordination of the training portion of the program area of assignment;
- Assists with monitoring the work of the volunteers for accuracy, customer service, and attitude, recognizing accomplishments of volunteers;
- Assists with the coordination of the educational outreach activities of the assigned program area;
- Assists with the preparation of newspaper articles, on-going columns and related written program information specific to the assigned area;
- Communicates with community groups, interested citizens, clubs, civic organizations, and related groups interested in education and development relevant to the program assignment area;
- Completes monthly reports indicating accomplishments of the past month and related documentation and reports to assigned program area
- This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings.
- High school diploma; Associate degree (preferred) from an accredited college or university, and two years related experience or training in the program area of assignment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated interest in working with small/family farms, socially disadvantaged audiences, other USDA agencies, and community organizations;
- Experience and knowledge in computer usage required;
- Proficiency in oral and written communication required;
- Ability to be creative and innovative in the design and implementation of effective Cooperative Extension Program educational programs;
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable personal vehicle for official duty travel. Reimbursement for approved official travel expenses will be provided according to FVSU travel policy and guidelines.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, FVSU employment application, resume, official transcripts, three (3) professional reference letters and a background investigation form to:
Office of Human Resources
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030-4313