The College of Agriculture, Family Science, and Technology at Fort Valley State University is seeking applications for a creative, committed individual for a full-time (12-months) Horticultural Specialist position.
The appointee is expected to develop horticultural programs in vegetables, tree fruit, shrubs, and vine production. In addition to the topics mentioned above, the responsibilities of the appointee will comprise the development and implementation of a creative and productive outreach and extension programs. The successful appointee will also be expected to disseminate, report progress and results to the public through collaboration with the Cooperative extension Program.
- Bachelor's degree in plant science with three to five (3-5) years of experience, but a master’s degree is preferred with one to two (1-2) years of experience in Horticulture Science
- Preference will be given to candidates with training in gardening, including organic, small-plot gardening, field plot design and crop production
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to accept executive responsibilities and work independently and as a member of the Cooperative Extension team
- Proactive and self-motivation qualities being self-directed
- Have an understanding of the U.S. Land Grant University System
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, FVSU employment application, resume, official transcripts, three (3) professional reference letters and a background investigation form to:
Office of Human Resources
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030-4313