Head Start Food Service Worker - Part-Time, Temporary
Under general supervision, the food service worker prepares and serves a variety of food items for Head Start centers, and operates and maintains food service equipment, checks invoices and maintains an organized storage of inventory items.
This is a temporary part-time position available on an as-needed basis (no more than 30 hours per week). There is no guarantee of regular or long-term employment.
1. Prepares a variety of food items from selected menus according to USDA and health department regulations and established procedures
2. Serves food items at scheduled mealtimes according to standardized procedures
3. Operates and maintains food service equipment and uses supplies appropriately
4. Checks invoices and maintains an organized storage of inventory items.
5. Maintains a safe, clean and sanitary work environment. Performs cleaning duties including washing and sanitizing pots, pans, dishes, and utensils, as well as, cleaning the tables and carts and the removal of trash.
6. Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- High school diploma or a GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Experience with large quantity food preparation preferred
- Applicant must pass a drug screening and a background investigation
NOTE: Food service workers must submit to chest x-ray tuberculosis screening
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, FVSU employment application, resume, official transcripts, three (3) professional reference letters and a background investigation consent form to:
Office of Human Resources
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030-4313