Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer
The Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer is the subject matter expert on all technology related issues at the University. The Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer is responsible for developing and maintaining a robust and unified information technology infrastructure, determining procedures and technologies to keep university sensitive information secure, and streamlining administrative processes through the use of technology to improve operational efficiencies in accordance with University System of Georgia and institutional policies and procedures. The technology infrastructure includes server, network, security, database, and systems administration, as well as desktop support.
The Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer is responsible for the supervision of full time staff as well as students. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President for Business and Finance.
• Work with various stakeholders to develop, implement, and advance an overall shared vision for campus technology.
• Implement technology innovations and improvements based on continual assessment of institutional technology needs.
• Effectively manage all operating budgets under the direct responsibility of the Director of Information Technology.
• Create an environment that ensures the integrity of institutional information. This involves development, oversight, and regular assessment of disaster recovery and backup procedures and password security protocols.
• Provide direct supervision to information technology staff, allocate staff roles and duties, and promote opportunities for staff development.
• Under the direction of the Vice President for Business & Finance, develop both short term goals and long term goals for the department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, systems engineering or related field required.
• Minimum of 5 years experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
• Minimum of 10 years overall IT experience.
• Certifications or university coursework or documentable experience in project management, business process improvement, technology lifecycles, data/network security or other industry level certifications.
• College/University experience preferred.
• Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
• Demonstrated understanding of technology infrastructure requirements and current technology trends in a higher education setting.
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through day-to-day management.
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
• Knowledge and experience implementing the COBIT IT governance framework to implement best practices, including documentation of processes and procedures.
• Experience and demonstrated knowledge of relational databases and SQL, web application development, computer security, computer networking, and client server environments.
• Knowledge of enterprise-wide systems (e.g., SCT Banner, PeopleSoft, etc).
• In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong administrative skills.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested persons should submit an FVSU employment application, letter of interest, curriculum vitae/resume, official transcripts, three (3) professional reference letters and a background investigation consent form to: Office of Human Resources, Fort Valley State University, 1005 State University Drive, Fort Valley, GA 31030-4313.