Director - Fort Valley State University Foundation
The Director of the Fort Valley State University Foundation is responsible for the routine management of the affairs of the Foundation and exercises this authority to accept gifts, collect revenues, and make timely expenditures as delegated by the Foundation Board. The Director will also conduct fund raisers for the University by contacting alumni and friends and assist various organizations with raising funds for restricted programs for the University; maintain records on all donors to the Foundation and prepare and mail acknowledgment letters, and provide financial reports to USDA, USDE, RBOI, FVSU President and account holders.
• Coordinates and manages all aspects of the Fort Valley State University Annual Giving Fund.
• Coordinates the Annual Black History Month Scholarship Program to include manages ticket distribution and serving as treasurer.
• Manages all departmental, scholarships, organizational and other foundation fund accounts.
• Collaborates with campus organizations that raise funds for various accounts in the Foundation.
• Maintains accurate, cross-referenced records of all contributions and gifts, donor names, etc. to include a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Nexis Lexis.
• Maintains documentation of interest income of endowment investments to include coordinating with the investment managers of Salomon Smith Barney and Wachovia Securities on the submission of the Fort Valley State University Endowment Challenge Grant Reports for grants received in 1985, 1986 and 1996.
• Prepares checks for the Foundation accounts for disbursements of funds, and deposits all funds for the Foundation.
• Leads fund raising programs as assigned such as the Centennial Monument (Bricks & Benches) initiative, Wall of Honor and 1895 Pioneer Society.
• Prepares and publishes the Annual Report of Giving Publication.
• Reconciles all bank statements for the Foundation.
• Prepares and distributes acknowledgment letters to each donor and include the Internal Revenue Service satisfaction tax statement.
• Assists alumni and other groups with fund raising projects.
• Maintains the Grants Management System (GMS) for the Intermediary Relending Program by posting payments and generating financial reports.
• Prepares Financial Reports for USDA for the Intermediary Relending Program for loans received for Fund # 1 ($1,000,000) and Fund #2 ($750,000) and maintains all records regarding the Intermediary Relending Program.
• Makes all deposits from clients for the program and enters payments in the GMS for IRP Reporting to USDA.
• Provides the Rural Business Outreach Institute with monthly reports on all delinquent loans as well as the original loan amount and balance on each outstanding loan.
• Provides account holders with account balances at least twice a year.
• Issues emergency student loan checks, accepts payments on loans, and posts delinquent payments on hold via Business Office.
• Assists the auditors with providing them with information and documents needed to prepare the annual audit and 990 tax reports.
• Prepares the end of year tax statements and submits forms 1098, 1099 and 1096 to the IRS and to each IRP loan recipient, contractor, consultant, and FVSU employee who receive a gift of $600 or more from the Foundation and vendors that performed services to the University Foundation.
• Completes other special projects as assigned by the Vice President for External Affairs, the President of the University and Chairman of the Foundation Board.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Three (3) years experience working with a non-profit organization
• Three (3) years of supervisory experience
• Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office
• Experience working with Raiser’s Edge software
• Master’s degree or higher in a related field
• Five (5) years experience working with a non-profit organization
Interested persons should submit an FVSU employment application, letter of interest, resume, official transcripts, three (3) professional reference letters and a background investigation consent form to:
Fort Valley State University
Office of Human Resources
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030-4313