Assistant/Associate Professor Psychology
The College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor in psychology. Candidates whose specialties are in forensic, clinical, experimental, industrial or organizational psychology are welcome to apply. Teaching in the undergraduate program allows faculty members the opportunity to conduct research, work collaboratively with colleagues and students, and create inclusive learning environments for students and faculty members.
The responsibilities of the faculty member will include teaching four courses each semester; assisting with the establishment and growth of a bachelor's degree program in psychology including online components, serving on college, division and departmental committees as assigned, and advising students. The successful applicant will be required to pursue external sources of funding for research and any other job-related duties as assigned by the Department Chair or designee.
• Ph.D. in Psychology from an A.P.A. accredited college or university.
• Evidence of teaching excellence.
• Ability to mentor undergraduate students as they pursue academic research.
• An eagerness to engage with colleagues, staff and administrators to develop ways to improve the educational experience of our students.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• At least two years college teaching experience preferred.
• Demonstrated capacity and interest for collaborative teaching
• Experience working with students form culturally diverse backgrounds
• Current knowledge of academic assessment practices
Interested persons should submit an FVSU employment application, cover letter, resume, official transcript(s), three (3) professional reference letters and a background investigation consent form to:
Office of Human Resources
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030-4313