The licensed professional counselor will administer individual and group therapy sessions to students with personal, emotional, and academic concerns as a member of the Valley Behavioral Health Services staff and provide ongoing and enhanced support for international students of FVSU.
Reporting to the Director of Counseling Services, will serve as a liaison for crisis intervention, post interventions, and various tasks that lead to the improvement of emotional wellness among students.
• The licensed professional counselor will administer individual and group therapy sessions to students with personal, emotional, and academic concerns as a member of the Valley Behavioral Health Services staff and provide ongoing and enhanced support for international students of FVSU.
• Will maintain thorough and confidential records of observations, maintain case load and associated documents, and provide leadership in clinical discussions.
• Will maintain familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, best practices, and procedures.
• Will advocate for the interests of international students and ensures that campus services are responsive to the needs of international students.
• Will apply experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Will conduct outreach activities into the classrooms, student groups, and residential halls.
• Will perform other professional responsibilities as are required and assigned.
• Requires Master’s degree from an accredited University in a mental health discipline: Professional Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling or Clinical/Counseling Psychology
• Georgia Licensure as LPC, LAPC, LSW, LMFT, or LCSW.
• Requires 1 year of professional counseling experience to include crisis intervention and post-vention experience.
• Must have advanced computer application skills with Excel (performing graphing, data collection and analysis) and Publisher (design of promotional materials).
• Experience may be gained concurrently.
Interested persons should submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain all required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.