Vacancy Number: 979
Job Summary: The Maintenance Worker (Early Head Start) is responsible for ensuring that facilities, equipment, grounds, and buildings are properly maintained, secured and operational according to Head Start Performance Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and oversees minor repairs and/or replacement of plumbing fixtures, valves, and other devices and determine when a licensed plumber is needed
- Performs routine maintenance of all heating and ventilation systems
- Schedules and provides routine and/or emergency repairs and maintenance of facilities, grounds, equipment, remodel and installations
- Notifies supervisor of need for repairs
- Performs and oversees minor painting and drywall repairs
- Performs routine inspections of all facilities interior and exterior areas to ensure areas are free of safety hazards, trash, weeds, and other foreign materials, etc.
- Coordinates and schedules repair, maintenance, upkeep, moving and transport of playground structures
- Completes safety checklist for each site
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s license
- One (1) year work experience directly related to the job responsibilities
- Experience, knowledge and skill in the repair and maintenance of equipment, minor plumbing, minor electrical, furniture, fixtures, facilities systems, grounds and structures and use of tools common to the trades
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Possess strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Familiarity of OSHA regulations
- Trade/vocational units (12)
- Experience working in a full-time general facility maintenance position within the last four years, performing such tasks as carpentry, painting, and landscaping
- CDL license
- Familiarity with commercial mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience working with blueprints
- Travel to the various EHS centers located in Dooly, Crisp, Taylor, Macon, Crawford, Peach, Telfair, and Pulaski counties
- Evening, night, weekend, and after hours work may be required
- Exposure to moderate levels heat, cold, moisture, and air pollution
- Daily lifting up to 70 lbs. with assistance
- Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities
- Frequent ladder climbing and occasional crawling under buildings and in ceilings
- Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.