About FVSU RSS Wire Feeds
Wildcat Fans can keep up with all the latest news coming from the Fort Valley State University campus without having to visit each site individually by subscribing to our RSS Wire Feeds.
Many Web browsers have RSS capabilities in-built, which will allow you to subscribe, simply by clicking the two links below. If not, you can use a News Aggregator or RSS Reader online. (See Directions below.)
How to Sign up for FVSU’s RSS Feed
You can subscribe to an RSS Feed Two ways:
- Download a News Aggregator/RSS Reader online.
- News aggregators /RSS readers are free software applications that collect and display news headlines from sources you’ve specified. The RSS feed is an XML document that contains the news and headlines. Visit About.com to find out more about RSS software for different platforms.
- Install the feed reader or news aggregator on your computer.
- Insert the URL of the news feed (using an “add feed” button”).
- Set the intervals that you wish to update the software (usually on a daily basis)
- The information in the feed will be updated when the feed contains new content.
- Sign up for a RSS Reader site online (like Google Reader at http://reader.google.com).
- Insert the URL of the news feed address you’d like to subscribe to.
- The news will update in your box when the feed contains new content.