Vacancy Number: 991
Job Summary: The Moving and Event Setup Assistant (Part Time) is responsible for moving equipment, furniture, boxes, and miscellaneous articles throughout the campus and setting-up for various events held on or off campus. The assistant will work a rotating shift to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is part-time, temporary position with no guarantee of continued employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moves and delivers/relocates furniture, equipment, computers, and boxes
- Performs set-up/tear-down of equipment and furnishings for events (tables, chairs, stages, podiums, etc.)
- Delivers equipment/supplies to events and returns equipment/supplies at end of event
- Places and exchanges departmental recycling bins, discards shredded materials and removes larger trash cans
- Participates generally in the laboring work of the crew as assigned
- Fuels, washes, and provides minor maintenance to department vehicles
- Keeps track of department-issued materials, vehicle use, equipment, and furniture (tables, chairs, stages, and podiums) used for events
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of experience directly related to the responsibilities of the position
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision as well as a team member
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Possess basic computer skills
- Possess basic mathematical skills
May be exposed to weather conditions, hazardous materials, extreme cold and heat, fumes, dust, noise and inadequate or poor quality lighting
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, bend/stoop, and reach above shoulder level
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
The deadline to apply is September 2, 2016.