Course Description –
This course introduces the fundamentals of human structure and function at the chemical, cellular, tissue, organ, and system levels.
Required Course Resources –
- Goodenough, Judith., McGuire, Betty. Biology of Humans: Concepts, Applications and Issues (fifth edition), Prentice Hall
- ISBN 0-13-978-0-321-82171-3
- Mastering Biology will be used for Assignments.
Course Learning Outcomes –
- Students will have an ability to inquire and develop an understanding of the basic structure and function of various systems in human body.
- Students will also have the ability to reason scientifically and make sound personal decisions that affect their body in particular and the society in general.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively about science in the form of a term paper.