Course Learning Outcomes –
This course will focus on assessment as it relates to rehabilitation and mental health evaluation. The specific course objectives are to develop knowledge and skills as follows:
The specific course objectives are to develop knowledge and skills as follows:
- Determine what questions need to be answered and what type of assessemnt information would be useful for rehabilitation planning.
- Identify appropriate assessment tools and/or methods for information gathering.
- Understand the core methodology of assessment procedures (e.g., reliability, validity, standardization).
- Understand the process involved to administer, score, and interpret results of assessment procedures.
- Develop skills related to report writing of assessemnt results.
- Utlize assessment information for rehabiltation/mental health planning with the client.
- Develop an awareness of limits and ethical issues relevant to assessment.
- Develop awareness of assessment considerations relevant to gender, racial and ethnic brackground, and disability.
- Understand the applications of assessement in a variey of rehabilitation programs and settings.