Course Description –
The role of law enforcement in American society is studied. Students examine local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and their specific responsibilities, development, jurisdiction and activities.
- CRJU 2000
Required Course Resources –
- Text Book:
- Policing in America Seventh Edition
- Larry K. Gaines and Victor E. Kappeler
- Anderson Publishing
- ISBN 9781437734881
Course Learning Objectives –
- Differentiate between the required service and service delivery concepts of each of the areas of Criminal Justice System.
- Summarize and classify theoretical and practical aspects of variables the make-up the criminal mentality and effect the criminal actions of individuals.
- Compare and contrast the historical development of the various components of the American Criminal Justice system.
- Summarize how law, in its various phases, can be applied to directly affect the outcomes of various criminal activities.