Course Description –
The student will be introduced to concepts of domestic and international terrorism and violent extremism. The student will gain an overview of the phenomenon of terrorism. Students will use models based on historical and current events to access the potential for terrorist actions. The student will analyze and evaluate prevention strategies.
- CRJU 3000
Required Course Resources –
- Course textbook: Terrorism and Homeland Security 8th , Jonathan R. White, Cengage
- ISBN: 978-1-285-06196-2
Course Learning Outcomes –
- Develop a basic understanding of the background of terrorism.
- Understand the international effect of terrorism.
- Develop an understanding of how religion and ideology affects terrorism.
- Understand the current trends in domestic terrorism.