Course Description –
Students complete a comprehensive review of a current topic in psychology and conduct an indepth case study or an original research project. The history of the relevant research is discussed and current findings and discussions of directions for future work are made.
- Senior Standing in Psychology
Required Course Resources –
Title: Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association
Publisher: American Psychological Association
Edition/Year: 6th ed
Course Learning Objectives –
- Be able to explain the pros and cons of a variety of contemporary issues in psychology
- Research delimmas in Psychology
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill of effective analysis of psychological issues
- Analyze and critique empirical psychology research articles to gain an understanding of the research method, hypothesis, and findings of the study
- Students will demonstrate the ability to generate a researchable question.
- Students will plan and execute a design for research to answer that question (either generating new data or analyzing previously collected data).
- Students will compile, analyze, evaluate and interpret information relevant to their question (including previously published literature).