Mathematics and Computer Science – College of Arts and Sciences
Office of Academic Affairs
The Postdoctoral Associate will assist the Principal Investigator (department of Mathematics and Computer Science) in conducting research on pattern recognition and machine learning methods for hyperspectral data analysis, which include feature extraction, feature selection and classification.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position funded by the Department of Defense (DoD) through July 31, 2018.
• Conduct short-term experiments and research activities to support the DoD project objectives under the guidance of the Principal Investigator
• Develop and test new image processing and machine learning algorithms specific for hyperspectral data
• Present research results at scientific meetings
• Write and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals
• Mentor, supervise and train undergraduate student participants
• Contribute to preparation of project reports, new grant proposals/studies as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Traditional work schedule – Monday through Friday; 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• May be required to work beyond regular work hours (evenings and/or weekends)
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Majority of work is in a climate-controlled environment
• Travel to attend meetings, conferences, trainings, etc.
• Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
• Frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Specific vision abilities required include close, distant and color visions, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
• Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related area; ABD candidates will be considered
• Research experience in pattern recognition, computer vision, and machine learning
• Records of peer-reviewed publications
• Proficiency in C/C++, Matlab programming
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Interested persons should submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.