Vacancy Number: 1006
Job Summary: The Program Assistant will present programs to clients, organize, recruit and coordinate efforts with community agencies; and assess client’s needs.
- Recruit homemakers in a specified territory to teach nutrition lessons
- Conduct nutrition education learning experiences with identified audience by food demonstrations and by using identified nutrition education curricula
- Conduct special programs and events in targeted communities and schools as directed
- Assess participants’ nutritional needs using program tools and make referrals to appropriate resources
- Identify and implement the nutrition education plan to achieve program goals
- Routinely collect, compile and update program data needed for reporting
- Participate in all in-service trainings, meetings, etc.
- Some overnight travel
- Other job-related duties assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of work experience in food and nutrition or related area
- Knowledge and successful experience in speaking to and teaching small and large groups
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be creative and innovative in educational programming
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse staff, students, extension staff and clientele
- Valid driver’s license and use of insured automobile during work day (mileage will be reimbursed according to USG policy)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2016.