The Project Manager is responsible for all day to day project management activities associated with construction projects (planning and design) at Fort Valley State University and reports to the Associate Vice President for Business and Finance.
• Manages the entire project delivery process including design, construction, occupancy and close-out phases of renovation projects
• Facilitates and tracks communications throughout the project and develops and maintains project schedules and budgets
• Communicates to senior leadership issues affecting project program, budget, scope, timeline or delivery
• Oversees contracts for all contractors, design/engineering consultants, site surveys, owner testing and additional specialty consulting as necessary
Financial & Schedule Management
• Maintains the project scope within the approved budget and schedules, coordinates, and leads a value engineering process throughout the project duration
• Oversees project cost control – develops and monitors project cash flow projections and provides budget updates to senior leaders
• Reviews proposed change orders and ensures they are processed according to Board of Regents policies and procedures
• Reviews and authorizes payments within appropriate signing authority
• Coordinates and facilitates submissions to Board of Regents and other authorities for permits and ensures compliance with regulations by working with multiple internal and external parties
• Arranges for all jurisdictional authorities’ inspections necessary to secure the Certificate of Occupancy in an expeditious manner
• As assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a field related to construction or project management
• Seven (7) years’ experience managing construction projects
• Experience using MicroSoft Suite
• Ability to interact effectively with staff, faculty, and community professionals
• Attentiveness to detail
• Customer service skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture
• Experience working in a higher education setting
Interested persons should submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain all required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Indoor, outdoor, office and shop environment; driving from site to site to perform job duties; adverse weather conditions; subject to noise from equipment operation; subject to nights and weekend work; subject to call outs for emergencies.
Standing and walking for extended periods of time, climbing, bending at the waist, reaching overhead, lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer terminal, and seeing to observe needed repairs.