Vacancy Number: 978
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance and Compliance Specialist Performs advanced level work developing, implementing and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance process to measure, evaluate and assure quality and performance of the Head Start program according to the Office of Head Start Comprehensive Services & School Readiness Monitoring Protocol; and the Head Start Performance Standards. Maintains a thorough knowledge of Head Start policies and procedures, continuous quality improvement processes, monitoring protocols, changes and updates to Federal, State, and Local regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements a written quality assurance and performance evaluation plan
- Performs daily examinations of program functions, system procedures, policies and day to day routine tasks
- Issues reports of all findings on a weekly basis and provides systematic follow-up to all program functions; provides detailed reports which indicate areas of weakness, non-compliance and deficiencies according to monitoring protocol standards and performance evaluation standards
- Issues timelines to correct areas of weakness, non-compliance and deficiencies; Issues follow-up reports based upon areas that require correction
- Performs/facilitate mock Office of Head Start Comprehensive Services & School Readiness Monitoring Protocol: Head Start which reviews on all Head Start systems on a periodic basis and reports all findings to program director
- Using data to make recommendations for greater impact and organizational efficiency.
- Develop training material to support Head Start staff and review program to ensure staff is utilizing the most advanced administrative and technical methods, techniques and resources available
- Track challenges and complaints and assist in their timely resolution
- Report all findings and systematic follow up in detailed reports that indicate strengths, weakness, non-compliance and deficiencies to all stakeholders (staff, governing board, parents, management, community partners)
- Assist with the Annual Self-Assessment
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration, or early/elementary education
- Three (3) years’ work experience related to the duties of the job
- Ability to compile and analyze data and make effective recommendations and decisions.
- Working knowledge of the current laws, regulations and policies that govern Early Head Start preferred
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, gather, document and analyze data and make effective process change recommendations
- Understanding and current knowledge of the federal grants process as it applies to the Head Start Program.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Two years of experience analyzing, recording and interpreting data.
- Experience in Head Start performance standards, federal and state regulations.
- Must be detailed oriented to ensure accuracy of reported data.
- Punctual, reliable, precise and dependable
- Required to travel to one or more of the Head Start programs in Dooly, Crisp, Macon or Taylor counties.
- Some evenings and weekend work may be required
- Must be able to participate in community affairs as necessary to enhance the agency’s image.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors.
Position may require standing or sitting for extended periods of time, lifting heavy objects, performing repetitive tasks, and so forth.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled