FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
APPLICATION for GRADUATION INSTRUCTIONS
DEADLINES PER SEMESTER
SPRING –SEPTEMBER 1 SUMMER – FEBRUARY 1 FALL –JULY 1
Applications are available in your Academic Department for undergraduate students and Graduate Studies for graduate students.
Please follow the following instructions when completing application.
- Print or type your name and address (press firmly). Provide your name exactly as you want it printed on your diploma (must match name on file).
- Indicate the specific title abbreviation of your degree and major. The date you complete or will complete all requirements.
- Print your hometown and state on the designated line.
- Complete the items needed for your academic attire. Graduation attire and announcements must be purchased from the University Bookstore. Contact the University Bookstore at 478-825-6623 Or go to www.herffjones.com/college/fvsu/.
- Hand deliver or mail the application to the Cashier’s Office, Troup Administration Building–Suite 230 and pay the required graduation fee ($50.00 undergraduate or $60.00 graduate). If submitting by mail, enclose a bank draft or money order for the correct fee. The Cashier will collect all applications and forward to the Office of the Registrar after the deadline.
- Check with your academic advisor two weeks after the application deadline to assure that name appears on the list of Candidates for Graduation.
For information about the Commencement Ceremony click on the following link.