Vacancy Number: 995
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director, the Research Administration Technology Specialist II supports sponsored programs daily operations, tasks and activities and as a result, enhances the overall quality of customer service and support offered by the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to the FVSU grant-writing community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and ensure the integrity of the data entered into the grants tracking and effort administrator systems by reviewing, updating, purging and reporting proposal and award program administration data on a weekly basis.
- Work to ensure that the data entered meets the minimal compliance and reporting requirements of funding agency and university policies and procedures.
- Assist the pre-awards coordinator with routine data entry into the grant tracking and effort administrator system, to include uploading of proposal narratives, budgets and supporting documentation and with routing proposals for university endorsement.
- Assist the post-awards coordinator with routine data entry into the grant tracking and effort administrator system, to include uploading award supporting documentation, routing post award documents for approval, preparing requests for budget amendments, sub-award agreements, and grant related travel.
- Assist the director by providing grant tracking and effort administrator system administration reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist the department with the planning and execution of OSP related activities such as professional development training and recognition programs, updating electronic forms, manuals, publications, calendar of events, special alerts, sourcing funding opportunities and OSP webpage content changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of related work experience
- Specialized knowledge – grants and contracts management, Federal Uniform Guidance & Agency specific guidance, proposal, budget and budget narrative develop, experience with Grants.gov, Fastlane and Research.gov.
- Skills – strong oral and written communication, intermediate understanding of MS Office Suite, general database management and time-management skills.
- Abilities – collaborate on team projects, self-starter, ability to work and complete projects independently.
- Strong customer service skills
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification
- Occasional travel to attend meetings, conferences, or training
- Occasional evening/night/weekend work to meet the needs of the department
- Work is performed in a climate- controlled environment
Position may require standing or sitting for extended periods of time, lifting heavy objects, performing repetitive tasks, and so forth.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.