Research Day Conference
Fort Valley State University’s fourth annual Research Day Conference will be celebrated on Thursday, April 16, 2015. This exciting, cross-disciplinary event highlights the best research from the university’s leading student scholars.
The conference is open to the public.
The Poster Submission Guidelines and Judging Rubric are below.
Read about the event: "FVSU to hold fourth annual research day"
Priscilla Oliver, Ph.D.
Dr. Priscilla Oliver is a life scientist with the Office of the Regional Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in Atlanta, Georgia. She is the EPA regional program manager for the Partnership for Sustainable Healthcare program, a member of the Technical Editorial Advisory Board, and co-chair of the Hazardous Materials and Toxic Substances Section of the National Environmental Health Association.
Dr. Oliver is a member of the National Council on Diversity in Environmental Health created by the CDC/ Eastern Kentucky University Partnership. She is a graduate of the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, with a B.S. degree in biology. She completed postgraduate studies in microbiology at the University of Maryland in Baltimore. She is a graduate of the Master of Public Administration Program at Georgia State University in Atlanta. She received the Ph.D. degree from Georgia State University in Educational Administration with a cognate in Health Administration from the School of Business. Dr. Oliver is also secretary and treasurer of the American Society for Public Administration – Georgia Chapter.
Panel of FVSU Alumni
- Jasmine Bowers, Ph.D. Student, NC A&T State University
- Dekita Moon, Ph.D. Student, Clemson University
- Sodexo Inc.
- QEP’s Office of Enhancing Critical Thinking
- Office of Undergraduate Research
Posters and Oral Presentations (9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
Panel Presentations (11:45 p.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
Scholarship Recognition Ceremony (12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
Joseph Adkins Players' Performance
C. W. Pettigrew Center Auditorium
In conjunction with the Research Day Conference, Fort Valley State University will hold a staged play. The play will be performed by members of the Fort Valley State University Joseph Adkins Players on April 15 in the C. W. Pettigrew Center's auditorium. For details, contact Dr. Maisha Akbar, at (478) 825-6989.
- Judges cannot be mentors of the students they are judging.
- Judges may be asked to judge posters or oral presentations outside of their content area.
- Judges can only base their scoring on the rubric that is provided.
- Judges must submit their scores to the coordinator of judges immediately after all assigned poster and oral presentations are completed.
- Oral Presentations Rubric
- Poster Presentations Rubric